Lincolnshire, Illinois, United StatesApply
Quill is a valuable part of the Staples family of brands. Since 1956, Quill has held its position as a leader in office supplies. Acquired by Staples in 1998, Quill delivers the essential services, solutions, and award-winning customer support to help our customers – and our people – thrive. When you partner with Quill, as a customer or as an associate, every workday is more rewarding. From paper, ink & toner, to technology and custom print, we deliver the right products at the right value, plus an unmatched assortment of over 900 instant rewards available with every order
What you’ll be doing:
· Oversee and be hands-on in all aspects of our creative strategy, development, and execution.
· Lead internal resources and outside agencies to complete projects as briefed by e-Commerce, Merchandise, Promotion, and Channel teams.
· Partner with marketing leadership peers to understand business needs, prioritize work, and identify new capabilities required of the creative team.
· Work with engineering and e-commerce teams to develop and maintain design consistency across the website.
· Work with sales teams to create and test marketing collateral and landing pages.
· Partner with merchandising to support key product launches, programming, and seasonal initiatives.
· Work closely with digital marketing channel partners to ensure all creative is produced on time, on budget and on brief.
· Manage an in-house creative team that includes project managers, copywriting, web design, graphic design, photography, and video.
· Deliver a consistent and differentiated brand voice, look, and feel that represents the brand and assortment in a way that is captivating and relevant to our customer.
· Develop, manage, and communicate our style guide, brand guide, voice and tone, and design standards with an eye to always evolving it and keeping it fresh.
· Direct the development of copy, brand, photography, video, voice and design standards for internal team and agency partners.
· Develop and present unique, innovative, and strategic concepts and communication solutions for a variety of projects, including for design and copy in marketing, advertisements, web pages, print materials, and other marketing assets.
· Direct photography and video produced internally and in partnership with external production resources.
· Develop and maintain a robust library of digital assets.
· Oversee and manage an efficient design operation and team that works effectively to meet deadlines and deliver projects on time and within budget.
· Analyze and report on effectiveness of the creative team and integrate feedback from internal and external partners about the impact of the team’s output.
· Stay up to date with the latest design trends and technologies and share insights and best practices with the team.
· Hire, manage, and direct full-time employees, freelance resources, and external agencies, as needed.
· Manage an internal agency budget.
What you bring to the table:
· Self-starter with strong organizational skills who can work independently and collaboratively on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
· Solid time management skills with the ability to prioritize tasks.
· Strong problem solver who knows how to ask the right questions, build hypotheses, and prove or disprove with data insights.
· Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to drive decision making
· Strong written & verbal communication skills
· Ability to manage direct reports, and extended teams of agency resources effectively
· Proven expertise in ideation, execution, and end-to-end facilitation of complex marketing and advertising content and copy across mediums and channels, to include national TV, direct marketing, paid social, lead generation, and print.
· Experience creating and evolving brand guides, style guides, brand voice and tone, and brand architectures.
· A customer driven creative’s vision and a scientist’s curiosity, adapting the work and constantly testing and learning to achieve and improve results.
· A master storyteller, crafting engaging creative that fulfils the needs as outlined in the brief and beyond.
· Experience directing photography and video content for both social/low production and TV/high production outputs.
· Knowledge of social media platforms and trends.
· Knowledge of digital marketing practices, including SEO and A/B testing.
· Experience with print and package design.
· Expertise with Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office, and other design and editing tools.
· Experience using Jira.
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications:
· 10+ years of related experience as a Creative Director, Associate Creative Director, or Art Director in either an agency or in-house creative role
· Digital media focused portfolio with high calibre work for both awareness and performance marketing projects required
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in art, design, media, or similar area of study
· Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
· Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays)
· Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits
At Staples, “inclusion” is an action word. It represents what we do to ensure that all employees feel valued and supported to contribute to their fullest potential. When we operate inclusively, diversity naturally follows. This is why we work hard to foster an inclusive culture, as we seek employees with unique and varied perspectives and areas of expertise. The result is a better workplace and innovative thinking that helps us exceed our customers’ expectations -- through the power of the people behind our iconic brand.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Jobs for You
- Senior Analyst Financial I Framingham, Massachusetts Finance, Accounting & Real Estate
- Warehouse Material Handler 3rd Shift (Part Time) Manchester, Connecticut Drivers & Delivery
- Delivery Driver - Kansas City, MO Kansas City, Missouri Drivers & Delivery
- Territory Sales Representative Boston, Massachusetts Sales & Sales Support
No saved jobs.