Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
The Sales Growth Analyst will directly impact our team’s ability to win more business and increase margin and profitability.
The role entails several aspects of research, development, and implementation of initiatives that will target our highest potential customers. Providing operational, analytic, and project management support for the 25 Focus Accounts, as well as advising SPP senior leadership on new opportunities for business growth.
The Growth Analyst will among other activities assist in the development of business reviews, analysis of customer profitability across SPP segments, customer/industry research, and assist with the development of growth activities and demand generation plans. More specifically growth opportunities are defined as selling more to existing customers, finding new buyers to sell to, and/or selling more profitably.
A good candidate for this role will be able to learn quickly, think strategically, leverage the skills of cross-functional teams, and display effective communication skills.
This intern position is a part of a hybrid work model, 3 days in the office and 2 days remote, and based at the Staples Promotional Products Corporate facility in Vaughan, Canada.
What you’ll be doing:
Contribute thought leadership and strategic input to SPP’s Sales space to Conduct research and leverage data and analytics to identify opportunities for improvement
- Highlight possibilities from this analysis and make recommendations on how to grow more quickly or efficiently
- Identify and execute key initiatives to drive growth among a select group of high-growth customers
- Increase opportunity win rate through strategic focus
- Use content to drive customer awareness of SPP capabilities and experience in delivering custom solutions to unique problems
- Identify and report on KPIs for every project
- Deliver enhanced margin rate and $ by assisting the Account Manager with large order execution, and strategic negotiation
Drive incremental revenue and margin profitability with existing and new SPP customers
- Develop expertise in sales around deal profitability
- Identify new opportunities to create revenue by leveraging existing capabilities or partnering with complementary providers
- Assist the eStore (Programs) team with delivering key metrics for eStore success. Namely driving more customers to our e-commerce platforms, increasing checkout metrics, and increasing basket size
- Implement and review the Operating Profit Model to provide recommendations around growth investment and cost to serve
- Assist in delivering growth targets by working with specific high-potential accounts and salespeople to increase profit
What you bring to the table:
- Perform various analysis – ranging from financial modeling to customer survey interpretation
- Spend time learning from customers, salespeople, e-commerce engineers, marketers, merchants, etc.
- Help facilitate and coordinate project core team meetings
- Communicate project progress to all interested parties
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications:
- Pursuing a bachelor's, enrolled as a full-time student carrying a minimum of 12 college credits (2nd or 3rd-year college student).
- Experience in sales, marketing, or customer service
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications:
- Project management experience
- Strategic thinking combined with “on your feet” thinking; problem solver
- Exceptional communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work with others effectively at all levels of seniority
- Advanced skillset in PowerPoint and Excel
- Can-do attitude and willingness to tackle any ask
- Fun to work with
- Graphics/design experience is a plus