Fulfillment Center Operations Manager 2nd Shift (Full Time)
Stockton, California, United StatesApply
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
When joining our Supply Chain team, you can feel right away that people are at the heart of what we do. You’ll be surrounded by a team who is looking to make an impact on our customers, our community, and each other. By pairing innovative technology with dynamic employees, we create smarter, more efficient ways to deliver for customers. Our network of distribution, fulfillment, fleet, furniture installation and professional teams work together in fun and safe environments to deliver state-of-the-art products, services and expertise to our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
The Fulfillment Center Operations Manager works closely with the Fulfillment Center Manager to accomplish three goals; to delight customers with outstanding service that exceeds their expectations, to drive cost out of the organization by creating a process and executing a plan which creates efficiency so the team can stay on task and to honor our associates ensuring that their experience tomorrow is even better than today.
In this role, you will motivate and lead frontline management and hourly associates, help develop and achieve performance goals and help develop productivity and accuracy standards which ensure quality control standards. You will collaborate with the Fulfillment Center Manager to operate within all guidelines and partner for success.
Safety is our utmost priority so, in this role, we will look to you to ensure safe work practices and embrace and foster our safety culture.
In your role as a leader, you will be essential to the success of Staples Supply Chain as we deliver to our customers.
What you bring to the table:
- Ability to manage through change and strive for continuous improvement by analyzing and making recommendations to established departmental processes and procedures.
- Ability to develop supervisors and managers to be capable of coaching, counseling and motivating associates to attain optimum performance, productivity levels, and morale.
- Understanding of and ability to use Fulfilment/Distribution technology (i.e. WMS where appropriate, hardware and software components).
- Ability to foster communication and teamwork among staff and to collaborate with all members of your team, at all levels to ensure successful customer outcomes.
- Ability to adopt our safety procedures quickly and ensure safe work practices which create a safety culture in the warehouse.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and problem-solving.
- An inclusive nature that seeks common ground, listens to others and advocates for the best solutions for the customer and for employees.
- Commitment to lead by example and to a growth mindset as a leader, customer advocate and contributor.
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written communications).
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- 5+ years of related experience
- Ability to pass a drug screen to the extent legally permissible
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull or carry product up to a maximum of 70 pounds by hand
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications:
- 5+ years in a comparable role
· Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
· Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays)
· Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Staples, “inclusion” is an action word. It represents what we do to ensure that all employees feel valued and supported to contribute to their fullest potential. When we operate inclusively, diversity naturally follows. This is why we work hard to foster an inclusive culture, as we seek employees with unique and varied perspectives and areas of expertise. The result is a better workplace and innovative thinking that helps us exceed our customers’ expectations -- through the power of the people behind our iconic brand.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Jobs for You
- Senior Analyst Financial I Framingham, Massachusetts Finance, Accounting & Real Estate
- Warehouse Material Handler 3rd Shift (Part Time) Manchester, Connecticut Drivers & Delivery
- Delivery Driver - Kansas City, MO Kansas City, Missouri Drivers & Delivery
- Territory Sales Representative Boston, Massachusetts Sales & Sales Support
No saved jobs.