Delivery Van Driver
Sharon, Massachusetts, United States
- Full time
- Job Level: Entry and mid
- $20.25/hour, Plus $1,000 Retention Bonus
When we take pride in how we work, success is a team effort
Be the reason — the expertise you bring to the table, your pride in your work, and your commitment to safety. When you’re behind the wheel, you’re the face of this company, connecting with our customers and delivering on our promise. And in return, we’ll always deliver for you and your success.
- Good Listener
People are at the heart of what we do, and we take care of our people. We’re the kind of company that invests in you because you invest in us. At Staples, we thrive on challenges, we believe in the power of what can be, and we support change with purpose. So, bring your win-together attitude and we’ll surround you with like-minded experts who are looking to make an impact for our customers, our community, and our teams.
There are plenty of places to take your career at Staples.
Supply Chain Manager
"What do I like most about my job? Seeing the people we deliver to and being able to be outside at times. Also, hours, pay, benefits, and co-workers."Delivery Driver
Meet Maricel, Team Lead Driver
Hear from our people and learn more about their experiences.
- Compensation & Incentives
- Competitive pay with weekly paychecks
- Paid Time Off
- 112 hours plus 7 major holidays and 1 floating holiday
- 401(k) Matching
- Company match 401(k) plan
- Online and retail discounts
- Work-Life Balance
- No weekend shifts
- Safety program with monetary rewards
Delivery Van Driver
Sharon, Massachusetts, United StatesApply
$1,000 Retention Bonus for full-time ($500 at 90-days, $500 at 180-days of employment)
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
When joining our Supply Chain team, you can feel right away that people are at the heart of what we do. You’ll be surrounded by a team who is looking to make an impact on our customers, our community, and each other. By pairing innovative technology with dynamic employees, we create smarter, more efficient ways to deliver for customers. Our network of distribution, fulfillment, fleet, furniture installation and professional teams work together in fun and safe environments to deliver state-of-the-art products, services and expertise to our customers.
What you’ll be doing: As a Van Delivery Driver, you will transport products safely and deliver office supplies on your assigned route to customers. At times, depending on volume, you will load your van.
Safety is our utmost priority so, in this role, we will look to you to ensure safe work practices and embrace and foster our safety culture.
In this role, you will organize and load product for delivery utilizing the manifest assuring the most efficient delivery route and schedule. You will be a problem solver for our customers; providing customer support, accepting product returns and will be empowered to make your customers' day. You’re our brand on wheels!
You will be essential to the success of Staples Supply Chain as we deliver to our customers.
What you bring to the table:
- An ability to be a safe and courteous driver who can navigate your way around a map and all kinds of weather and road conditions
- An ability to make sound decisions, be it driving, parking, safety related and/or customer interaction related
- An inclusive approach with your colleagues and customers to forge strong relationships and foster collaboration to resolve issues
- An ability to use technology including GPS and mobile Proof of Delivery (POD) devices
- An ability and willingness to maintain cleanliness of vehicle including performing pre-trip vehicle inspections and reporting any maintenance concerns
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications
- Minimum 1 year in a service-oriented position
- Must have a valid drivers’ license with a driving record indicating a safe driving history acceptable to the company
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written communications)
- If you are hired as a Full-Time associate, you must have the ability to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift; additional overtime hours will be required based on business need
- Ability to lift, push and pull items weighing 70 pounds, on occasion up to 100 pounds
- Must be at least 18 years of age
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
- High volume / small package delivery experience
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Competitive Pay and Bonuses: $20.25/hour
- Earn an extra dollar an hour with our performance pay.
- Receive a pair of work boots through Zappos after 30 days (a $140 value).
- A Positive work environment
- Business Resource Group
- A variety of competitive benefits
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups and resources such as the Social Justice Resource Center
- Staples offers both Full-Time and Part-Time benefits. Some Full-Time benefits include: 112 Hours of PTO and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays + 1 floating holiday), Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more!
At Staples, “inclusion” is an action word. It represents what we do to ensure that all employees feel valued and supported to contribute to their fullest potential. When we operate inclusively, diversity naturally follows. This is why we work hard to foster an inclusive culture, as we seek employees with unique and varied perspectives and areas of expertise. The result is a better workplace and innovative thinking that helps us exceed our customers’ expectations -- through the power of the people behind our iconic brand.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Senior Analyst Financial I Framingham, Massachusetts Finance, Accounting & Real Estate
- Warehouse Material Handler 3rd Shift (Part Time) Manchester, Connecticut Drivers & Delivery
- Delivery Driver - Kansas City, MO Kansas City, Missouri Drivers & Delivery
- Territory Sales Representative Boston, Massachusetts Sales & Sales Support
No saved jobs.