Warehouse Trainer Full Time 1st Shift
Portland, Oregon, United StatesApply
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
Our supply chain team is dedicated to meeting our customers’ needs both now and in the future. By pairing innovative technology with dynamic employees, we create smarter, more efficient ways to meet our customers’ needs faster. Our network of distribution, fulfillment, fleet, furniture installation and professional teams work together in fun and safe environments to deliver state-of-the-art products, services, and expertise to our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
As a Warehouse Trainer, you will administer on-the-job, classroom, material handling equipment, and safety training to new and existing associates. You will collaborate with leadership to ensure training programs meet the business needs. You will assist within department functions as needed, based on volume, in addition to training.
In this role, you will update training materials to reflect changes in Standard Operating Procedures and policies and determine training effectiveness. In addition, you will collaborate on new ideas to improve training and meet business needs.
You will need to be driven by results and able to track success of how training translates to quality and other metrics. You will work closely with operational leadership to address operational concerns/ questions regarding training and investigate root cause to training issues and recommend solutions.
Safety is our utmost priority so, in this role, we will look to you to ensure safe work practices and embrace our safety culture.
What you bring to the table:
- Ability to work independently, demonstrate analytical thinking including mathematic skills and the ability to solve problems.
- Ability to work on a computer using Windows including Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel and ability to learn/understand WMS systems.
- An inclusive approach with your colleagues and customers to forge strong relationships and foster collaboration to resolve issues.
- Ability and a willingness to perform basic housekeeping in assigned areas of warehouse.
- Ability to adopt our safety procedures quickly and ensure safe work practices.
- Ability to be trained and MHE certified to operate power material handling equipment, i.e. Forklift, Electric Pallet Jack, etc.
- Ability to be flexible to train on various shifts depending on the needs of the new hires being trained.
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment with seasonal temperature variations.
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written communications)
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications:
- Ability to pass a drug screen to the extent permissible legally
- As a Full-Time associate, you must have the ability to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift; additional overtime hours will be required based on business need
- An ability to work at heights of 60 feet or more
- An ability to lift, push or pull boxes/merchandise weighing between 70 pounds and 100 pounds by hand
- Must be at least 18 years old
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications:
- 1+ year of related experience in a warehouse environment; including training experience
- Previous exposure or knowledge Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
· Competitive Pay Rate: $20.23-$22.78/hour Based on Experience
· Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
· Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays)
· Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Staples, “inclusion” is an action word. It represents what we do to ensure that all employees feel valued and supported to contribute to their fullest potential. When we operate inclusively, diversity naturally follows. This is why we work hard to foster an inclusive culture, as we seek employees with unique and varied perspectives and areas of expertise. The result is a better workplace and innovative thinking that helps us exceed our customers’ expectations -- through the power of the people behind our iconic brand.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Jobs for You
- Senior Analyst Financial I Framingham, Massachusetts Finance, Accounting & Real Estate
- Warehouse Material Handler 3rd Shift (Part Time) Manchester, Connecticut Drivers & Delivery
- Delivery Driver - Kansas City, MO Kansas City, Missouri Drivers & Delivery
- Territory Sales Representative Boston, Massachusetts Sales & Sales Support
No saved jobs.