Warehouse Breakpack Order Picker Full Time 2nd Shift
Portland, Oregon, United StatesApply
*We offer pay for performance where associates can earn additional compensation if they meet certain productivity thresholds.*
Current Associates are not eligible for Retention or Sign On Bonuses.
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
Join our Staples World Class Supply Chain Team and deliver essential products to our customers.
What you’ll be doing: As a Warehouse Bulk Selector/Stocker, you would be responsible for selecting product, pulling and packing totes, as well as cutting cases of merchandise and/or stocking product. You would move full totes and cases onto a conveyor belt.
In this role, you would retrieve product from heights of up to 8 feet utilizing portable ladders when necessary. You would also stack empty pallets up to 8 pallets high, use a pallet hook to retrieve stuck pallets and clear area of empty boxes and trash, cleaning as you go.
Safety is our utmost priority so, in this role, we will look to you to ensure safe work practices and embrace our safety culture.
You will be essential to the success of Staples Supply Chain as we deliver to our customers.
What you bring to the table:
- An ability to count and use basic arithmetic skills.
- An inclusive approach with your colleagues and customers to forge strong relationships and foster collaboration to resolve issues.
- An ability to adopt our safety procedures quickly and ensure safe work practices.
- An ability to work in a warehouse environment with seasonal temperature variations.
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications:
- Three (3) months related experience in an operations environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education and experience.
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written communications).
- If you are hired as a Full-Time associate, you must have the ability to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift; additional overtime hours will be required based on business need.
- An ability to lift, lower, push, pull or carry product up to a maximum of 70 pounds by hand.
- Ability to walk and stand 100% of the time.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work experience
- Competitive Pay Rate: $19.25/hour + $1.25/hour Shift Differential
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups and resources such as the Social Justice Resource Center.
- Staples offers both Full-Time and Part-Time benefits. Some Full-Time benefits include: 112 Hours of PTO and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays + 1 floating holiday), Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more!
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Staples, “inclusion” is an action word. It represents what we do to ensure that all employees feel valued and supported to contribute to their fullest potential. When we operate inclusively, diversity naturally follows. This is why we work hard to foster an inclusive culture, as we seek employees with unique and varied perspectives and areas of expertise. The result is a better workplace and innovative thinking that helps us exceed our customers’ expectations -- through the power of the people behind our iconic brand.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Jobs for You
- Senior Analyst Financial I Framingham, Massachusetts Finance, Accounting & Real Estate
- Warehouse Material Handler 3rd Shift (Part Time) Manchester, Connecticut Drivers & Delivery
- Delivery Driver - Kansas City, MO Kansas City, Missouri Drivers & Delivery
- Territory Sales Representative Boston, Massachusetts Sales & Sales Support
No saved jobs.