Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer who values the diversity of our people, products, and services.
While you may know Staples as the world’s leading office supply company, Staples Promotional Products – a division of Staples – is a national leader in the promotional products and apparel industry and manufacturer and supplier of customer identified caps, garments and advertising specialty items.
- This position is located in Orange City, Iowa
- Converts artwork into a stitch file so it can be read by the embroidery
- Machines and interpreted as different stitch types.
Key Job Responsibilities:
• Plans and executes embroidery stitching from customer approved art. Utilizes efficient stitch counts and correct color sequences to insure close representation of customers’ art. Sends completed punch to sample area to run.
• Performs quality inspection of punch from sample area to verify sample and check embroidery before sending to punch to the machines.
• Edits or modifies existing punches for placements, thread color changes or backgrounds per customer request for ID on new products. Performs editing in a timely fashion to meet customer needs.
• Performs punch testing for new fabrics, non-stock products and placements. Evaluates test products and makes recommendations on whether it will work for embroidery. Recommends type of embroidery to be used on new fabrics.
• Communicates with Sales and Art to insure accurate representations of customer art. Responds in a timely and courtesy manner.
• Manages BCS files.
• Sends and retrieves punches from Doodle or Affinity.
• Sets up work for the laser room.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Seeks and recommends solutions for different types of art and materials.
• Seeks and recommends process improvements
• Interacts with Sales and Art to ensure customer art specifications are met
Education/Experience Equivalent (minimum requirements)
• High School Diploma or equivalent preferred
• 6 months – 1 year related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Other Skills (e.g. specialized training, language proficiency, functional expertise etc.)
• Knowledge of Wilcom software
• Skills in troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Ability to read and comprehend work instructions.
• Ability to produce quality stitch files that meet customer art specifications.
• Good written and verbal communication skills
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
- 112 Hours of PTO and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays + 1 floating holiday)
- Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more!
At Staples, “inclusion” is an action word. It represents what we do to ensure that all employees feel valued and supported to contribute to their fullest potential. When we operate inclusively, diversity naturally follows. This is why we work hard to foster an inclusive culture, as we seek employees with unique and varied perspectives and areas of expertise. The result is a better workplace and innovative thinking that helps us exceed our customers’ expectations -- through the power of the people behind our iconic brand.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.