Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
Quill is a valuable part of the Staples family of brands. Since 1956, Quill has held its position as a leader in office supplies.
Acquired by Staples in 1998, Quill delivers the essential services, solutions, and award-winning customer support to help our customers – and our people – thrive. When you partner with Quill, as a customer or as an associate, every workday is more rewarding.
From paper, ink & toner, to technology and custom print, we deliver the right products at the right value, plus an unmatched assortment of over 900 instant rewards available with every order.
What you’ll be doing:
- Support the annual budget, long range plan and monthly financial forecast for the business (sales/margin/EBITDA) utilizing a triangulation methodology: a. Channel level waterfall forecast b. Customer cohort waterfall forecast c. Product forecast.
- Help the senior FP&A manager to provide the right analytics to work with cross functional teams to understand Ecommerce KPIs, key business trends/strategies and incorporate that intelligence in the Sales, Margin & EBITDA financial forecast.
- Identify business trends and provide supportive analytics that drive and influence business performance/decisions.
- Collaborate with leadership to plan and analyze business performance by identifying gaps between business goals and objectives such as month end variances on the P&L to the budget, forecast and PY.
- Heavy emphasis for this position includes analyzing eCommerce/Marketing/Sales operations and campaign performance in order to support business partners in their decision-making process.
- Collaborate with marketing team to drive marketing investment utilizing/building/maintaining/reporting key metrics such as COA, CPO, LTV, and customer cohort analysis.
- Collaborate with sales team to maintain commission quotas, pipeline lead analysis and optimization of sales force
- Capital resource allocation by working with cross functional groups to drive valuation for key initiatives (proxy for prioritization) as well as input/output KPI’s to track effectiveness of investment (i.e., technology, site improvements, etc)
What you bring to the table:
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with Business Unit and Finance partners.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, excellent attention to detail required.
- Good presentation skills.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work.
- Adept at manipulating and synthesizing large data sets that provide insightful analysis in support of the business.
- Create a culture of success and inclusion, be a value ambassador.
- Build trusting relationships with business leaders.
- Be coachable to new insights, skills, and opportunities to improve the business.
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of progressive e-commerce finance / related experience.
- Ability to be present at the Quill office at a minimum of 3 days per week.
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications:
- MBA or master’s degree in a related field.
- Experience synthesizing complex and large data sets into consumable business insights, use of data visualization tools (Tableau, Snowflake, Alteryx) as a means of transforming historically manual processes into cutting edge digital insights.
- SQL and coding/programming skills is a benefit.
- Previous experience with E-commerce organizations.
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
- Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule
- Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more!
At Staples, “inclusion” is an action word. It represents what we do to ensure that all employees feel valued and supported to contribute to their fullest potential. When we operate inclusively, diversity naturally follows. This is why we work hard to foster an inclusive culture, as we seek employees with unique and varied perspectives and areas of expertise. The result is a better workplace and innovative thinking that helps us exceed our customers’ expectations -- through the power of the people behind our iconic brand.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.