Manager, Customer Analytics
Lincolnshire, Illinois, United StatesApply
Quill is a valuable part of the Staples family of brands. Since 1956, Quill has held its position as a leader in office supplies. Acquired by Staples in 1998, Quill delivers the essential services, solutions, and award-winning customer support to help our customers – and our people – thrive. When you partner with Quill, as a customer or as an associate, every workday is more rewarding. From paper, ink & toner, to technology and custom print, we deliver the right products at the right value, plus an unmatched assortment of over 900 instant rewards available with every order.
The Manager. Customer Data Analytics leads two functions for the data & pricing team. First, they are responsible for developing and maintaining a comprehensive reporting framework that meets the needs of stakeholders across the organization. They ensure the accuracy and timeliness of reports, work with stakeholders to identify new reporting requirements, and implement solutions to meet these needs. Second, they lead project management for the team. The manager manages the development and maintenance of project plans and timelines, ensuring projects are delivered on time and to the satisfaction of stakeholders. They also manage project risks and issues and communicate project status to stakeholders regularly.
The manager leads a team of internal and external reporting professionals, providing coaching and mentoring to ensure they work effectively and efficiently. They manage relationships with stakeholders across the organization, including senior management, business unit leaders, and other functional teams. This involves presenting reports, providing regular updates on project status, and responding to ad-hoc requests for data and analysis. The manager is also responsible for continuously evaluating and improving reporting and project management processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness, and managing the performance of team members, providing regular feedback on performance and development, and conducting performance reviews.
What you’ll be doing:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive reporting framework that meets the needs of the stakeholders across the organization.
- Understands key drivers of customer behavior and the relationship with marketing levers.
- Synthesizes first-, second-, and third-party data into actionable strategy and measurement objectives.
- Identify areas of optimization and incremental growth for the business as it relates to sales, marketing and customer performance (B2B and B2C)
- Ensure that reports are accurate, timely, and meet stakeholder requirements
- Work with stakeholders to conduct intake and to identify new reporting requirements and implement solutions to meet those needs
- Will present reports and analysis to key stakeholders
- Develop and maintain project plans and timelines
- Ensure that projects are delivered on time and to the satisfaction of stakeholders
- Manage project risks and issues, and take appropriate action to mitigate them
- Communicate project status, risks, and issues to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- must prioritize the projects they manage based on the organization's strategic objectives, resource availability, and other factors. They must weigh the potential impact of each project against the available resources and make independent decisions about how to allocate their time and effort.
- Responsible for managing team, hiring, coaching, training and conducting Performance evaluations.
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in reporting and project management.
- Experience managing complex reporting projects, including the ability to analyze data and provide insights to stakeholders.
- Experience managing cross-functional teams to deliver projects.
- Experienced with BI tools such as PowerBI or similar.
- Experienced with Snowflake data warehouse or similar.
- Experience with reporting and project management software/tools.
- Skilled in SQL & excel
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications:
- Masters in Business, Analytics, or a related field
- Advanced SQL skills
- Experience with Python or R for data analysis.
- Strong project management skills, including the ability to develop project plans and communicate effectively with stakeholders.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze data and identify trends and patterns.
- Knowledge of process improvement methodologies.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
- Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays)
- Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits
At Staples, “inclusion” is an action word. It represents what we do to ensure that all employees feel valued and supported to contribute to their fullest potential. When we operate inclusively, diversity naturally follows. This is why we work hard to foster an inclusive culture, as we seek employees with unique and varied perspectives and areas of expertise. The result is a better workplace and innovative thinking that helps us exceed our customers’ expectations -- through the power of the people behind our iconic brand.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Jobs for You
- Senior Analyst Financial I Framingham, Massachusetts Finance, Accounting & Real Estate
- Warehouse Material Handler 3rd Shift (Part Time) Manchester, Connecticut Drivers & Delivery
- Delivery Driver - Kansas City, MO Kansas City, Missouri Drivers & Delivery
- Territory Sales Representative Boston, Massachusetts Sales & Sales Support
No saved jobs.