Field Sales Manager - Public Sector (Quill)
Lincolnshire, Illinois, United StatesApply
Quill is a valuable part of the Staples family of brands. Since 1956, Quill has held its position as a leader in office supplies. Acquired by Staples in 1998, Quill delivers the essential services, solutions, and award-winning customer support to help our customers – and our people – thrive. When you partner with Quill, as a customer or as an associate, every workday is more rewarding. From paper, ink & toner, to technology and custom print, we deliver the right products at the right value, plus an unmatched assortment of over 900 instant rewards available with every order.
What you’ll be doing:
· Lead field sales through regionalized sellers with consistent coaching, developing and accountability to ensure selling processes, strategies and initiatives are being executed with quality and efficiency to grow and retain sales.
· Business Travel required. This will include meeting with sellers in their designated territories at minimum once per quarter. - 75% Travel
· Attend conferences and tradeshows alongside their field sales team.
· Vocalize team feedback and recommendations to sales leadership for efficiency improvements and evolution of campaign and sales strategy.
· Facilitate performance evaluations, review and any formal performance improvement plans for the members of the Sales team. Maintain proper and thorough documentation for all associates.
· Weekly coaching sessions and team huddles & meetings
· Quarterly in person meetings based in seller’s regionalized territories. These visits may include customer visits, role shadowing and coaching sessions.
· Consistent documentation of coaching conversations, crucial conversations, or behavioral discussions. Queuing Associate Success Plans or write-ups to HR for formal approvals prior to launch. Ensuring those instances are properly documented and corrective action is happening with associate in question.
· Responsible for meticulous hiring for new associates while supporting supplemental training and support. The manager will ensure that their new hire is hitting key milestones in their onboarding path that is outlined for all roles. Manager will ensure they're actively communicating with the associate on whether expectations are being met or what needs to transpire in order for them to be met.
· Consistent audits (dispositions); address gaps and ensure team is calibrated based on business direction.
What you bring to the table:
· Ability to provide a safe and structured environment to guide team members through change with goal of fast adaptation and successful team performance.
· Strong time management and organizational skills. Ability to meets requested deadlines and deliverables from the business on time.
· Detail oriented with strong administrative follow-up and follow-through.
· Strong analytical, negotiating, and problem-solving skills.
· Experience with consistent call coaching sessions, and crucial conversations
· Ability to create a diverse, inclusive, and positive team culture.
· Adaptable to change and navigating a fast-paced organization.
· Demonstrated experience dealing with adversity and showing a result-oriented mindset.
· Consistently uses key tools, systems, and reporting effectively.
· Skilled in presenting and communicating with different levels in the organization.
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications:
· High Schol Diploma
· 3+ years of experience leading sellers preferably in the field sales
· 1+ years of experience working with K-12 district and school level sales.
· 5+ years of sales experience with a proven track record
· Capability to work remotely and travel as necessary.
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications:
· Demonstrated ability to prospect with a persistent drive to close new business.
· Customer focused, curious, and creative including discovering new solutions for accounts.
· Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
· Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule
· Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more!
At Staples, “inclusion” is an action word. It represents what we do to ensure that all employees feel valued and supported to contribute to their fullest potential. When we operate inclusively, diversity naturally follows. This is why we work hard to foster an inclusive culture, as we seek employees with unique and varied perspectives and areas of expertise. The result is a better workplace and innovative thinking that helps us exceed our customers’ expectations -- through the power of the people behind our iconic brand.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Jobs for You
- Senior Analyst Financial I Framingham, Massachusetts Finance, Accounting & Real Estate
- Warehouse Material Handler 3rd Shift (Part Time) Manchester, Connecticut Drivers & Delivery
- Delivery Driver - Kansas City, MO Kansas City, Missouri Drivers & Delivery
- Territory Sales Representative Boston, Massachusetts Sales & Sales Support
No saved jobs.