Account Manager Team Manager
Lincolnshire, Illinois, United StatesApply
Quill is a valuable part of the Staples family of brands. Since 1956, Quill has held its position as a leader in office supplies. Acquired by Staples in 1998, Quill delivers the essential services, solutions, and award-winning customer support to help our customers – and our people – thrive. When you partner with Quill, as a customer or as an associate, every workday is more rewarding. From paper, ink & toner, to technology and custom print, we deliver the right products at the right value, plus an unmatched assortment of over 900 instant rewards available with every order.
What you’ll be doing:
· Accountable for achieving and exceeding an annual quota up to $70M of revenue.
· Responsible for more than 4K enterprise level customers who are our largest, most profitable, and valuable customers at Quill.
· Expected to drive results through their associates and exceed blended quota over 100% monthly.
· Build strategic growth plans and identify new opportunities for resource deployment of Account Managers, KAMs, Category Specialists
· Drive inside sales account managers to exceed monthly sales and margin quotas. Manage performance of inside sales associates through expected KPI’s, coaching, and call monitoring in order to ensure team sales and margin goals are met.
· Strategize with account manager to effectively manage customer base, problem solve and implement solutions.
· Develop associates by working with associates at least on a quarterly basis to identity CDP/IDP opportunities and assigning appropriate career development activities.
· Weekly coaching sessions and team huddles & meetings.
· Consistent documentation of coaching conversations, crucial conversations, or behavioral discussions. Queuing Associate Success Plans or write-ups to HR for formal approvals prior to launch. Ensuring those instances are properly documented and corrective action is happening with associate in question.
· Responsible for meticulous hiring for new associates while supporting supplemental training and support. The manager will ensure that their new hire is hitting key milestones in their onboarding path that is outlined for all roles. Manager will ensure they're actively communicating with the associate on whether expectations are being met or what needs to transpire in order for them to be met.
· Facilitate performance evaluations, review and any formal performance improvement plans for the members of the Sales team.
What you bring to the table:
· Strong presentation skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Detail oriented with strong administrative follow-up and follow-through.
· Strong analytical, negotiating, and problem-solving skills.
· Knowledge and experience of coaching techniques to drive performance improvements.
· Ability to travel with associates (KAM) to larger deals/agreements when applicable.
· Knowledge of computer programs related to sales order process and customer service functions.
· Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to effectively manage change.
· Must possess good time management and organizational skills.
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications:
· Associate Degree or equivalent work experience
· 4+ years of previous sales and/or people management experience
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications:
· 1+ years people management experience
· Experience with strategic account reviews for our largest most valuable customers
· Consistent call coaching sessions, and crucial conversations
· Ability to create a diverse, inclusive, and positive team culture
· Adaptable to change and navigating a fast-paced organization
· Demonstrated experience dealing with adversity and showing a result-oriented mindset
· Ability to consistently uses key tools, systems, and reporting effectively while meeting requested deadlines and deliverables
· Ability to meet requested deadlines and deliverables from the business on time
· Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
· Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule
· Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more!
At Staples, “inclusion” is an action word. It represents what we do to ensure that all employees feel valued and supported to contribute to their fullest potential. When we operate inclusively, diversity naturally follows. This is why we work hard to foster an inclusive culture, as we seek employees with unique and varied perspectives and areas of expertise. The result is a better workplace and innovative thinking that helps us exceed our customers’ expectations -- through the power of the people behind our iconic brand.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Jobs for You
- Senior Analyst Financial I Framingham, Massachusetts Finance, Accounting & Real Estate
- Warehouse Material Handler 3rd Shift (Part Time) Manchester, Connecticut Drivers & Delivery
- Delivery Driver - Kansas City, MO Kansas City, Missouri Drivers & Delivery
- Territory Sales Representative Boston, Massachusetts Sales & Sales Support
No saved jobs.