Warehouse Asset Protection Full Time 2nd Shift
Houston, Texas, United StatesApply
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
Our digital solutions team is more than a traditional IT organization. We are a team of passionate, collaborative, agile, inventive, customer-centric, results-oriented problem solvers. We are intellectually curious, love advancements in technology and seek to adapt technologies to drive Staples forward. We anticipate the needs of our customers and business partners and deliver reliable, customer-centric technology services.
What you’ll be doing:
- Keep the Asset Protection Manager informed of all potential workplace security and safety issues.
- Maintain order and control of the front desk, lobby areas and switchboard.
- Prevent internal theft by conducting scanning and bag checking of all employees and visitors exiting the facility.
- Monitor entrance and front lobby to ensure all visitors are authorized, logged in and escorted.
- Monitor entire property via CCTV system, fire, and burglar alarm systems to respond to incidents as needed across multiple fulfillment centers and delivery operations buildings.
- Audit physical security platforms (intrusion, access control & CCTV) across multiple buildings to ensure functionality of all systems.
- Analyze data & conduct video audits relating to Shrink & Cargo Loss across multiple buildings to mitigate risk.
- Monitor parking lot areas to report unauthorized visitors/vehicles or unlawful activity to leadership.
- Notify emergency personnel (police/fire) in the event of emergencies as appropriate.
- Assist and support leadership team with safety, emergency crisis and evacuation drills and real events as needed.
- Ensure regulatory compliance measures are being adhered to with associates and vendors that are entering the facility.
- Manage and maintain safety training and regulatory compliance training documents.
- Administer new hire safety training and annual refresher safety training.
- Monitor all inbound and outbound trailer activity in the trailer yard.
What you bring to the table:
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to interact and communicate in a constructive and professional manner.
- Demonstrate competent general personal computing skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and maintain strict company confidentiality.
- Asset Protection background.
- Understanding of physical security processes, access control, and CCTV systems.
- Experience handling workplace violence incidents, safety incidents and building evacuations that require notification to Police and Fire.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications:
- High school degree or GED, or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of related experience in warehouse operations or loss prevention/asset protection
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
- 112 Hours of PTO and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays + 1 floating holiday)
- Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more!
At Staples, “inclusion” is an action word. It represents what we do to ensure that all employees feel valued and supported to contribute to their fullest potential. When we operate inclusively, diversity naturally follows. This is why we work hard to foster an inclusive culture, as we seek employees with unique and varied perspectives and areas of expertise. The result is a better workplace and innovative thinking that helps us exceed our customers’ expectations -- through the power of the people behind our iconic brand.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Jobs for You
- Senior Analyst Financial I Framingham, Massachusetts Finance, Accounting & Real Estate
- Warehouse Material Handler 3rd Shift (Part Time) Manchester, Connecticut Drivers & Delivery
- Delivery Driver - Kansas City, MO Kansas City, Missouri Drivers & Delivery
- Territory Sales Representative Boston, Massachusetts Sales & Sales Support
No saved jobs.