Program Manager, Career Programs
Framingham, Massachusetts, United StatesApply
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
Our Human Resources team has one goal: create solutions and services that foster an inclusive and innovative culture. We act as strategic partners to deliver innovative learning and development opportunities, comprehensive compensation, and benefit solutions, recruiting tools and more to attract new talent and excite existing talent. We’re a compassionate, hardworking, and dedicated team that knows our work makes an impact on our company every day.
What you’ll be doing:
- In partnership with Talent Advisors and Talent CoE, deploy a variety of learning and training solutions across geographies in a way that are relevant and impactful.
- Work closely with Leadership to analyze skill gaps and build a training roadmap for new sales hire training, ongoing skill training, and manager development.
- Provide managers with the tools needed to reinforce learning for their teams.
- Support the delivery of key learning & development activities (e.g. Performance Management, Engagement, Functional Learning, Selling Methodology, Onboarding, etc.)
- Perform gap analysis for core selling competencies and recommend training topics to enhance overall performance.
- Work independently or with subject experts to create learning programs from design through to a deliverable product, based upon agreed learning outcomes, including robust processes for assessment.
- Assist in the deployment of onboarding and ensure functional onboarding processes/programs are in place.
- Implement strategies to ensure business and local teams can strive to be a high performing team. Facilitate a wide range of meetings, given variability of group size, make-up, business priorities, cultures, type / sensitivity of topics and team/organizational dynamics.
- Support the business with 1:1 coaching opportunities with front line managers and associated.
- Support the development, tracking and use of metrics to the COE and management team.
What you bring to the table:
- Strong written, facilitation and overall communication skills; comfortable with public speaking
- Agility and collaboration
- Strong executive presence
- Strategic thinking, analysis, assessment and active knowledge of evolving selling/buying trends
- Demonstrated multi-tasking/organizational and project planning skills
- Advanced level skill in MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel. Advanced technical skills or an interest in technology an asset
- Strong knowledge of sales processes, and best practices working with a broad-based sales team of varying skill sets, from VP level to field rep level
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of experience developing and facilitating sales training content and coaching teams to drive performance.
- Requires 25% travel.
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
- Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays)
- Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits
At Staples, “inclusion” is an action word. It represents what we do to ensure that all employees feel valued and supported to contribute to their fullest potential. When we operate inclusively, diversity naturally follows. This is why we work hard to foster an inclusive culture, as we seek employees with unique and varied perspectives and areas of expertise. The result is a better workplace and innovative thinking that helps us exceed our customers’ expectations -- through the power of the people behind our iconic brand.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Jobs for You
- Senior Analyst Financial I Framingham, Massachusetts Finance, Accounting & Real Estate
- Warehouse Material Handler 3rd Shift (Part Time) Manchester, Connecticut Drivers & Delivery
- Delivery Driver - Kansas City, MO Kansas City, Missouri Drivers & Delivery
- Territory Sales Representative Boston, Massachusetts Sales & Sales Support
No saved jobs.