Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
The Merchandising buy side department at Staples manages the master product assortment for all channels, concentrating on dotcom and our contract business. Merchandising is in charge of bringing in the most exciting products at the right prices and quantities to ultimately drive sales, and profit, and to deliver the best customer experience. As a member of the Merchandising group, you will work with different departments around Staples including Staples Brands Group, Strategy, Finance, Marketing, and Store Operations. As a Merchandising Product Specialist, your primary responsibility is to manage SKU and vendor set-up, conduct market research, and support the Merchandise Buyer. Training through classes from Merchant Academy.
Product Specialist Categories you may be considered for: Furniture & Breakroom, Janitorial, Facilities, Ink & Toner, Paper, Shredders, Office Products and Essentials, Technology, Toys, Backpacks, and School Supplies.
This position is a part of the Staples, Inc. hybrid work model, 3 days in the office and 2 days remote.
- Attend vendor meetings to collaborate on business plans and gain exposure to new products.
- Work closely with vendors and internal teams to launch new-to-market products, vendor program agreements, and price change worksheets.
- Proactively manage the SKU and Vendor setup and maintenance process
- Communicate new information to Planners and Inventory Analysts
- Conduct market research, gather industry data, track trends, competitive shopping
- Process RTV’s, price changes, price protection, coupons/rebates, and markdowns
- Retrieve/source financial data/reports to conduct weekly/seasonal reviews of performance with the Buyer
- Collaborate frequently with other departments in Merchandising and the company
- Answer emails and calls in a timely manner from sellers on products and vendors.
What’s needed - Basic Qualifications:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in business or marketing
- Must be a rising senior (graduating May 2025)
- Requires a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong Excel skills; ability to use a pivot table
What’s needed - Preferred Qualifications:
- Passionate about retail and merchandising
- Retail Experience
- Enjoy working in teams and being highly communicative
- Able to multi-task and be flexible to new initiatives
At Staples, “inclusion” is an action word. It represents what we do to ensure that all employees feel valued and supported to contribute to their fullest potential. When we operate inclusively, diversity naturally follows. This is why we work hard to foster an inclusive culture, as we seek employees with unique and varied perspectives and areas of expertise. The result is a better workplace and innovative thinking that helps us exceed our customers’ expectations -- through the power of the people behind our iconic brand.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.