Senior Transportation Delivery Operations Manager
Charlotte, North Carolina, United StatesApply
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
1st Shift / must be flexible for all
Our supply chain team is dedicated to meeting our customers’ needs both now and in the future. By pairing innovative technology with dynamic employees, we create smarter, more efficient ways to meet our customers’ needs faster. Our network of distribution, fulfillment, fleet, furniture installation and professional teams work together in fun and safe environments to deliver state-of-the-art products, services, and expertise to our customers.
What you’ll be doing:
The Fleet Delivery Operations Manager leads the operation of Staples Delivery Operations by managing and ensuring the timely and complete delivery of all orders. In this role, you will lead and manage towards excellent customer service and customer retention.
You will collaborate with the Director of Delivery Operations for preparing and planning strategies to meet the SDO’s daily, weekly, and monthly customer service and financial goals and to develop, refine, implement and administer departmental fleet policies, procedures and systems to provide effective service to all customers and channels at the lowest cost possible.
Safety is our utmost priority so, in this role, we will look to you to ensure safe work practices and embrace and foster our safety culture.
In your role as a leader, you will be essential to the success of Staples Supply Chain as we deliver to our customers.
What you bring to the table:
- Ability to manage through change and strive for continuous improvement by analyzing and making recommendations to established departmental processes and procedures.
- Ability to foster communication and teamwork among staff and to collaborate with all members of your team, at all levels to ensure successful customer outcomes.
- Experience and working knowledge of transportation systems and processes, productivity standards, and technology.
- Ability to adopt our safety procedures quickly and ensure safe work practices which create a safety culture in the warehouse.
- Ability to be comfortable working in a warehouse environment with seasonal temperature variations.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical thinking and problem-solving ability.
- Inclusive nature that seeks common ground, listens to others and advocates for the best solutions for the customer and for employees.
- Commitment to lead by example and a growth mindset as a leader, customer advocate, and contributor.
- Basic English language skills (both verbal and written communications).
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3+ years of experience working in a warehouse environment
- Must have a valid drivers’ license with a driving record indicating a safe driving history acceptable to the company and at all times remain eligible to drive a commercial motor vehicle under applicable laws and regulations
- Ability to pass a DOT physical and drug screen to the extent legally permissible
- Must obtain a 6-month DOT medical card specific to the role
- An ability to lift, lower, push, pull or carry product up to a maximum of 70 pounds by hand
- Must be at least 21 years of age
· Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
· Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays)
· Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
At Staples, “inclusion” is an action word. It represents what we do to ensure that all employees feel valued and supported to contribute to their fullest potential. When we operate inclusively, diversity naturally follows. This is why we work hard to foster an inclusive culture, as we seek employees with unique and varied perspectives and areas of expertise. The result is a better workplace and innovative thinking that helps us exceed our customers’ expectations -- through the power of the people behind our iconic brand.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Jobs for You
- Senior Analyst Financial I Framingham, Massachusetts Finance, Accounting & Real Estate
- Warehouse Material Handler 3rd Shift (Part Time) Manchester, Connecticut Drivers & Delivery
- Delivery Driver - Kansas City, MO Kansas City, Missouri Drivers & Delivery
- Territory Sales Representative Boston, Massachusetts Sales & Sales Support
No saved jobs.