Inside Sales Coordinator
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Inside Sales Coordinator will be responsible for supporting a team of SAL’s (Strategic Account Leader’s) and the SAL accounts from a team perspective, with the goal of building relationships and growing sales within an existing customer base. The ISC will increase ship to compliance and retain actively purchasing customers on all of the SAL accounts. The ISC will partner with the SAL and the LOB Specialists to execute the strategies put in place to drive sales growth and margin enhancement on the identified accounts. The ISC will also be responsible for contacting the customer via phone and email on a regular basis in order to ensure program compliance, support LOB growth, update account information and action new account set up’s.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform all Inside Sales Coordinator duties including, but not limited to:
- Customer contact via phone and email, managing compliance of existing account ship to’s on-boarding newly won customers, train and educate each customer of program offerings effectively leveraging the various teams within Staples Advantage to complete all tasks.
- Keep accurate and up to date notes and documentation within Saleforce.com on all customer interactions.
- Effectively demonstrate the ability to communicate company value and all LOB service offerings in addition to selling the features and benefits of Staples Advantage.
- Work collaboratively with Manager and SAL’s to coordinate sales activities and drive penetration of all lines of business with focus on growing sales and margin.
- Be able to successfully engage in balancing multiple tasks through the use of good time management, prioritization, and organizational skills.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Account Management and problem solving skills a must. Specific customer segment knowledge a plus, (Healthcare, Government & Strategic/Large Corporate Contracts)
- Ability to drive sales and margin results
- Ability to build partnerships across the organization
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with a strong emphasis on excel
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize workload as well as direction from multiple sales professionals
- Accountable and self-motivated to meet day to day targets • Bilingual in French an asset but not required
- 2-4 years of experience in a customer service role with an emphasis on upselling
- Demonstrated excellence in providing superior customer service, strong communication and problem solving skills
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Strong computer literacy (experience with Salesforce.com an asset)
- Detail oriented with strong administrative follow-up
- Post secondary education in business related discipline – Diploma or Degree preferred
Staples Business Advantage is the leading business supplier in Canada, providing customers with a complete assortment of products and services, including office supplies, technology products, facility solutions, furniture, and business services. As the business-to-business division of Staples, Staples Business Advantage works with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs and to provide dedicated account management to meet the needs of any business.
Staples Business Advantage Canada is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with eight distribution centres across Canada. The company employs over 1,500 associates and leverages over 170 delivery vehicles. Staples Business Advantage works in partnership with the Staples Business Advantage Contract division in the US and internationally to provide common programs for our international customer base. Staples Business Advantage provides many advantages for all business sizes: a customizable online ordering system, excellent customer care, easy-to-browse catalogues, next day delivery capabilities and a dedicated sales organization to meet the needs of every type of business.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-877-782-7537.