Outside B2B Sales Representative- Greater Los Angeles, CA
You’re a current sales professional or desire to become one but you’re not overly familiar with the Staples product line or our business outside of Retail. That’s expected. We know it. The B2B Sales Associate role and training program is designed for someone just like yourself. Whether you’re just starting off in your career or have several years under your belt, the B2B Sales Associate role caters to your knowledge and experience, ultimately preparing you to move up to the next level as a Sales Consultant (think larger territory and more commission!) Did we mention that it’s a base plus commission role with a guaranteed subsidy in place while you train? Our initial 2-month training period focuses on teaching you about the company, the products we sell, and the sales skills you’ll need to ensure you’re successful.
During the next several months as a Business to Business Sales Associate, you will use your newly acquired skills as a “Staples hunter” to prospect for and set your own appointments with potential business customers, develop new accounts and further expand our customer base. The more memberships you sell, the more commission dollars you earn each month!
Interested? See below for a few more details.
Great benefits! http://careers.staples.com/page/show/benefits
On the Job Training: You’ll get practical and hands-on training developed and conducted by top-producing sales leaders. Learn techniques to generate leads, win over customers, and ensure customer retention. Receive one-on-one coaching and spend time in the office, on sales calls, and participating in team days.
Career Advancement: After several months, you’re now an expert and have perfected the art of sales, placing you on the path to your first promotion with Staples. This role will prepare you to be successful at the next level as a B2B Sales Consultant. In this role you’ll initiate relationships with multi-level decision makers, work side by side with a team of sales support and product category experts to ensure all of the customers’ needs are met. All this with the goal of aiming towards achieving a promotion to a higher role within Mid Market Sales or within our Commercial Sales organization.
Basic Minimum Skills
- Ability and motivation to find, develop, and close sales
- Demonstrated work ethic, self-disciplined
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Ability to succeed in a competitive selling or goal oriented environment
- Ability to be coached and to incorporate feedback
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Outgoing, passionate, friendly, assertive
- Local travel required - must have reliable transportation and able to lift up to 10 pounds
- College degree
- 1 – 3 years of successful sales experience
- Knowledge of Customer Relationship Management tool (CRM), a plus
- Industry knowledge, a plus