Resident Technician Consultant
The Resident Technician Consultant is responsible to effectively sell Tech services and products. They will install, configure, upgrade, troubleshoot and repair personal computer hardware and operating systems. They are responsible for establishing and maintaining sales and service excellence by assigning the highest priority to customer satisfaction and demonstrating quality in every aspect of work. Assists in providing guidance, training and coaching to associates as required on company initiatives, sales programs and product knowledge. Stores that achieve $3,000 in weekly Tech Services sales are eligible for this position. Please refer to the Store Retail Tech Service Guide.
- Maximizes sales opportunities with every customer by using current selling techniques and company programs.
- Leads and promotes selling of technology services and cultivates a selling culture with associates in order to achieve current goals and targets.
- Arranges service appointments, performs In Store/In Home computer upgrades, repairs and setups and follows up with customers.
- Ensures high quality execution of all technology services and coaches others to do so, to minimize rework.
- Provides training and coaching to associates as required both in the area of technology services and on the sales floor.
- Effectively resolves customer concerns and escalates to management when appropriate.
- Performs follow up calls to solicit feedback on sales, promote additional products and services.
- Facilitates repairs to be done by the Warranty Depot or third party repair facilities to ensure satisfactory customer service standard.
- Capable to follow RUSCOMP procedures effectively.
- Provides coverage and assistance in the technology department where business needs require and as associate training supports.
- Understands and adheres to all privacy and information management policies and procedures, coaches others to do so as well.
- Properly secures company and customer assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention procedures.
- Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist.
- Accountable to understand general company policies and provide guidance to staff as needed.
- Ensures associates check and understand all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc).
- Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of business.
- Ensures the general cleanliness of workstations, lunchroom and washrooms according to company standards is maintained.
- Promotes and maintains a safe working environment and follows all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to a manager.
- As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked by a manager prior to leaving the store premises.
- Capacity to analyze the business in order to set goals and objectives.
- Verifiable and demonstrated skill in performing services/upgrades to all types of computers.
- Demonstrates strong selling ability.
- Ability to make appropriate product recommendations to customers.
- Demonstrates leadership, and the ability to effectively train and coach.
- Capacity to communicate with customers effectively using a variety of mediums.
- Ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner.
- Ability to make decisions with integrity that supports company guidelines and makes good business sense.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently and effectively to handle their daily responsibilities and serve our customers.
- Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary.
- Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team.
- Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required.
- Able to work flexible schedule.
- 1-3 years to one year of previously related experience is preferred.
- Advanced technical system diagnostics and upgrades/repair experience.
- Experience in coaching a team is preferred.
- A+ Certification is preferred.
- Successful completion of high school is preferred.
- Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress and physical discomfort may occur.
- A moderate amount of physical effort is required while handling technology equipment.
* Please note that candidates who wish to apply for the position will be requested to consent to having a criminal background check conducted on them.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.