Account Manager (PEI and NB regions)
PURPOSE OF JOB
The Account Manager (AM) is responsible for developing relationships, penetrating sales in existing Ship-to locations of Divisional Key, Large, Small and Mid-Market Accounts within a geographic territory. The AM serves as the primary contact for buyers and works together as needed with Sales Manager, Line of Business Product Specialists (such as Facilities, IT, Furniture, Print, Promo) , Customer Service and other company resources to manage the day-to-day relationship. Account Managers also develop new business by reactivating accounts and increase compliance in dormant (or inactive) Ship-to accounts.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages day-to-day relationship with customer by developing a high value-add relationship with key contact/buyer
- Uncovers and builds relationships with influencers, in order to penetrate deeper into Staples Lines of Business
- Identifies and develops strategy for short-term and long-term sales retention and penetration opportunities, by managing all funnel activity in sfdc
- Coordinates account servicing and fulfillment with support from Customer Service
- Achieve product mix and other L.O.B. targets based on account potential
- Introduce Lines of Business Specialists with key contacts/influencers
- Increase market share within portfolio of accounts through penetration of Line of Business and reactivating inactive accounts
- Conducts regular Performance Business Reviews (PBR’s) with all accounts in their book
- Achieve retention and penetration targets in existing and gifted accounts
- Target Segmentation – Assigned accounts, minimum of $15,000 in annual sales potential
- Achieve/exceed all Customer facing activity metrics
- Time Allocation – 60% Customer Time, 40% Non-Customer Time
- Lead Strategic Account Planning Sessions, and Rapid Rotation meetings on accounts greater than $100,000
- Internal business relationships - Regular contact with suppliers, Sales Manager, Regional Account Executives, Line of Business Specialists, Customer Service and Contracts and Bids associates.
- External business relationships – Customers, vendors
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Post secondary education in business related discipline – Diploma or Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years sales experience penetrating or maintaining accounts;
- Previous office product industry experience is helpful.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of telesales and the sales planning process.
- Strong computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite especially Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Salesforce.com and SAVO an asset
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship building skills
- Self-starter, results oriented
- Able to interface internally to the company with tact and diplomacy
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Demonstrates consultative selling skills
- Computer literacy, including above competency in Excel, Word, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Strong problem solving and negotiation skills with proven closing ability.
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- Detail oriented with strong administrative follow-up and follow-through
WORKING CONDITIONS & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Primarily working in customer facing setting and/or office environments
- Travel – Daily travel to customers within assigned territory, to local sales office for sales team meetings and training.
- May be required to travel to other office locations and conferences for training purposes.
Staples Business Advantage is the leading business supplier in Canada, providing customers with a complete assortment of products and services, including office supplies, technology products, facility solutions, furniture, and business services. As the business-to-business division of Staples, Staples Business Advantage works with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs and to provide dedicated account management to meet the needs of any business. Staples Business Advantage Canada is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with eight distribution centres across Canada. The company employs over 1,500 associates and leverages over 170 delivery vehicles. Staples Business Advantage works in partnership with the Staples Business Advantage Contract division in the US and internationally to provide common programs for our international customer base.
Staples Business Advantage provides many advantages for all business sizes: a customizable online ordering system, excellent customer care, easy-to-browse catalogues, next day delivery capabilities and a dedicated sales organization to meet the needs of every type of business.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.