Delivery Driver - $18.10hr, M-F, 6:00am - 2:30pm
Deliver office supplies on assigned route to Staples Advantage customer accounts while meeting internal schedule and quality standards. Provide customer service to customers by assisting with problem resolution and accepting product returns as required. Mobile POD experience would be an asset, but not required.
- Organize and load product for delivery utilizing the manifest assuring the most efficient delivery route and schedule.
- Gather appropriate paperwork for deliveries.
- Delivering product as per customer requirements (i.e. 2nd Floor, Receiving or Reception etc) obtaining signatures and completing all required paperwork.
- Accept returns from customer, completing appropriate paperwork and return to warehouse. Place product in return area with appropriate documentation.
- Update manifest with reason codes.
- Address and resolve customer problems as appropriate. Inform supervisor of outstanding issues.
- Maintain cleanliness of vehicle and report any maintenance problems to supervisor.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum 1-year of truck driving experience of a 16 ft. or longer straight truck
- 1 - 3 years in a service-oriented position
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a good driving record
- Must be able to obtain a DOT medical card
- Must have a valid driver’s license (no “major moving violations” as described in the employment application supplement and in accordance with applicable state law)
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs., navigate and read a map
- Ability to use mobile Proof of Delivery (POD) devices
- Excellent customer service skills and dealing with customers face-to-face
- Must be a team player and able to work well with minimum supervision
- Knowledge of safe work practices.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work without supervision; organize and manage time
- Must be a team player
- Ability to work in a warehouse environment in all types of weather
- Ability to drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions safely
- Ability to work safely within tight time constraints in a fast paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills required. Interpersonal skills a plus
- Ability to work flexible hours preferred
- Experience with hand truck /dolly type equipment preferred
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. The employee must frequently lift, move, and/or carry up to a maximum of 100 pounds by hand or may use dolly type equipment to deliver product to customers. Employee will regularly drive a delivery truck and must be able to enter and exit the truck throughout the day. Must be able to enter and/or scan product and customer information into a hand-held scanner (electronic clipboard).
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near mechanical equipment. Drive throughout assigned route in all kinds of weather and road conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Staples Supply Chain and Logistics is recognized as one of the top supply chain organizations within North America. With an extensive fulfillment and delivery network providing services for three main business units, we are able to deliver customer orders next day to 98% of the U.S. population, not to mention or Distribution Centers supporting our Retail Stores. Our 10,000 Supply Chain & Logistics associates throughout North America continue to “make more happen” through the integration of people, process and technology. We sell more than 2 million SKUs and are continually adding more products for our customers. We continue to invest in our people, capabilities and technology to deliver “Every product our customers need, when they want it, where they want and how they want it.” Without a doubt, our Supply Chain differentiates us from our emerging competitors.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.