Senior Special Order Account
Assists and supports Team Manager in multiple management tasks, leadership and mentoring areas. Maintains a role supporting Sales Representatives and/or customers by providing product ideas, & quotes, purchase order execution, and customer service relating to promotional products and services
Key Job Responsibilities
- Mentors new team associates and existing team members.
- Provides ongoing training with system enhancements and additions (in coordination with Trainers).
- Maintains a SPO support role servicing customers/reps by sourcing, quoting, placement of orders, coordination with expediting team. Attends team manager meetings on request. Assists in account set up.
- Provides performance input to the team manager. Participates in new candidate interviews and participates in team member 1:1 meetings when deemed appropriate.
- Represents Staples at customer shows, corporate trade shows, occasional territory travel and assignment of special projects when necessary.
- Be a part of the SPO SWAT Team – Assist teams with client business spikes to maintain our service standards during that time.
- Participate in and lead Training Hour when appropriate.
- Be an ambassador in support of the SpO winning culture
- High School Diploma or equivalent or equivalent combination of education and related work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, preferred
- 2 – 4 years of related experience
- Exceptional customer service skills and aptitude.
- Strong promotional products merchandising and purchasing and negotiation skills.
- Good leadership skills with the ability lead by example in a manner that mirrors the company’s core values.
- Highly proficient business written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to discern message content.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Proficient use of Microsoft programs (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint). Industry experience with SAGE is preferred.
- Ability to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive and supportive attitude at all times even during stressful or difficult situations.
- Ability to drive and support company & management initiatives and/or decisions
- Strong “strategic business sense” with the ability to provide the best possible solutions.
- Strong decision making skills with the ability to make quick decisions and exercise sound judgment with information at hand
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good math aptitude and ability to conduct profitability analysis
- Thorough and complete knowledge of company systems and processes