Category Merchant, Janitorial Paper SBA
This position is responsible to develop and execute strategies for driving sales, margin and competitive differentiation in Janitorial Paper product categories within the North American Delivery channel. This role will focus on maximizing EBITA for critical categories within Staples portfolio.
- Develop a realistic and effective business plan for each product line to achieve budgeted goals in sales, margin, operating profit, customer acquisition, repurchase, retention and customer satisfaction
- Drive the execution of this plan through effective partnership with portfolio planning, Staple Retail, field sales, Marketing, telesales, site operations, finance and customer service
- Advanced negotiating skills expected with vendors to secure lowest total delivered cost, volume incentives, rebates, advertising and other applicable allowances
- Expert level merchandising of assigned line(s) demonstrating innovation, creativity, and proven results in driving sales and profitability while ensuring service levels with minimum inventory investment and maximum product margin
- Develop accurate financial and item forecasts with Portfolio Planning, Finance, and Inventory Management
- Work with Corporate Pricing and industry benchmarks to determine optimal pricing strategies
- Develop effective promotional strategies and associated planning efforts needed to increase incremental sales and profit dollars on promotions
- Manage catalog and online merchandising to ensure an easy, error free shopping experience for our Customers
- Improve supply chain efficiencies, including improved inventory turns, reduction in customer returns rate, improved order fill rate, effective selling strategies to reduce end of life inventory challenges, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum six years of related experience
- Advanced negotiation skills and proven ability to lead in a matrix environment
- Demonstrated ability to build strategic partnerships across the organization and with vendors
- Expert knowledge of industry trends, competition, assortment planning, customer buying patterns, inventory management, logistics and marketing techniques
- Strong business acumen; proficient in understanding analytics and other measurement tools required for targeted actions, plan modifications, and sustainable results
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Assortment planning
- Experience in Business to Business Merchandising or related Product Management, Brand Management, Merchandising function supporting a sales organization
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.