This position is an integral part of the furniture sales model, designed to collaboratively sell within the sales organization. This position is the sales resource for Strategic Account Leaders (SALs) and Account Executives, Furniture (AEFs) who uncover smaller furniture projects that require furniture sales expertise but do not require face to face sales calls. The role allows the SALs and AEF’s and Commercial/Enterprise Account Consultants to hand off opportunities and continue their selling efforts.
Engages with customers via phone or email to determine furniture needs and then develops appropriate solutions that meet the customer’s requirements from a budget, function, and time perspective. Close sales based on understanding customer needs and recommending appropriate solutions. Up-sell and cross-sell customers on related products and services. Support the sale of preferred vendors.
- Responsible for proactive marketing, prospecting and closing activities to generate sales and/or outside sales leads from all campaigns
- Develops solutions for customers, including product selections
- Researches product solutions, delivery options, sourcing conditions
- Pricing and product proposals to include identifying alternative products
- Generates and revises quotes
- Submits quote to customer
- Obtains order required parameters (i.e. ship to, PO, budget center)
- Places orders and serves as the primary point of contact for customers or future orders
Minimum 4 years related work experience
- Strong computer experience in MS Office Platforms, AS400 and CFS
- Furniture industry/product knowledge – ability to anticipate competitive positioning and respond accordingly; knowledge of current industry trends in order to recommend relevant and leading edge solutions to customers
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively within cross functional teams
- Highly adaptable – able to work in a dynamic environment
- Highly organized – detail oriented and able to multi-task
- Strong initiative
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.