PURPOSE OF JOB
This role will be responsible for the successful scheduling, tracking, and implementation of customer projects supporting key customer deliverables to the highest customer satisfaction, while driving Cost, Quality, and Timeliness.
The project coordinator will improve profitability and customer satisfaction by managing large and complex Rollout & Implementation projects.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Accountable for planning, prioritizing and executing a project by working with Account Executives, Account Managers, Sales Managers, Operations, Customer Care Managers, IT and customers.
- Develops required project documentation identifying project goals and tasks and generating assignments consistent to meet objectives
- Organizes E Procurement Projects when required working with IT resources for Ariba, Oracle and SAP client integrations.
- With Manager establishes change management procedures, including evaluation and communication for project duration.
- Develops reporting strategy for project.
- Maintains clear communication with sales and customers regarding mutual expectations and monitors customer satisfaction
- Builds business relationships beyond the project environment
- 4) Organizes and supports a matrixed project team as required
- 5) Provides feedback and focus to all team members.
- Takes responsibility for project and actively executes to project plan while maintaining quality standards
- Ensures all commitments are met in accordance with project goals/objectives Works with Customer Maintenance Administrators, E Commerce Maintenance Operations and Customer Care to ensure customer readiness.
- Responsible for reporting on project schedule progress based upon project goals
- Good understanding of project data to predict project success.
- Actively takes advantage of change opportunities and recommends new or revised strategies for project integration.
- Effectively manages closure of project through customer final acceptance. Ensures an on-time project and impact of any delays.
- Understands and assures quality standards are met on assigned deliverables
- Evaluates and communicates final project status through the use of Account Essentials and Customer rollout notification to leadership team and associates
- Utilizes contract information to maximize success of project understanding SLA’s and rebate requirements to communicate to affected parties.
- Actively identifies efficiencies for future implementations.
Project, Processes and Tools:
- Actively uses project methods, processes and tools
- Works within defined framework or responsibility
- Possesses excellent project tool skills.
- Drives the use of project document control and management.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Business skills should include excellent Project leadership & negotiation skills, strong customer orientation, excellent conflict management skills, excellent analytical & problem solving capability, excellent communication skills both oral and written, a strong business minded consultative approach with focus on profitability & margin.
- Skills and abilities required to perform the essential job functions, including physical activities, environmental demands, or travel requirements: Must be able to drive a car. Occasional lifting. Office skills should include computers, answering phone, etc. Travel may be up to 30%; may include short-notice travel.
- Some specific equipment and/or materials used in the performance of the essential functions include: MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Project.
- Bilingualism - English and French, spoken and written, is required.
- College or Bachelor’s degree in a business discipline, or a minimum of five years of progressive experience in a related field
- 2 to 3 years in project management experience, and/or related functional areas in a distribution company
- Bilingualism - English and French, spoken and written, is a requirement
- Highly developed working knowledge of business process, including tender and sales
- Proficient use of MS Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and MS Project.
- Demonstrate working knowledge of PM processes.
- Ability to learn quickly and function with minimum supervision.
- Excellent project leadership & negotiation skills, strong customer orientation, excellent conflict management skills, excellent analytical & problem solving capability, excellent communication skills both oral and written, a strong business minded consultative approach with focus on profitability & margin.
Staples Business Advantage is the leading business supplier in Canada, providing customers with a complete assortment of products and services, including office supplies, technology products, facility solutions, furniture, and business services. As the business-to-business division of Staples, Staples Business Advantage works with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs and to provide dedicated account management to meet the needs of any business. Staples Business Advantage Canada is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with eight distribution centres across Canada. The company employs over 1,500 associates and leverages over 170 delivery vehicles. Staples Business Advantage works in partnership with the Staples Business Advantage Contract division in the US and internationally to provide common programs for our international customer base.
Staples Business Advantage provides many advantages for all business sizes: a customizable online ordering system, excellent customer care, easy-to-browse catalogues, next day delivery capabilities and a dedicated sales organization to meet the needs of every type of business.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.