Receiver – Putaway MHE Driver, Full-Time, 6 am – 2:30 pm - Vancouver, BC
Receives, stores, and distributes product and equipment within the warehouse. Performs work under the direction of warehouse supervisor or manager.
•Receives and stocks product from manufacturers and wholesalers; moves product around warehouse, operating warehouse equipment safely and efficiently (equipment that may be utilized includes forklifts, pallet jacks, and cherry pickers)
•Ensures accurate quantities of product were received, and compares appropriate paperwork, or what’s displayed on hand-held scanner, and matching product numbers; questions and resolves discrepancies as required
•Enters data product information using a hand-held scanner into the warehouse database for inventory tracking to assure accuracy and completeness
•Identifies product shortages/damages from delivery upon receipt of product
•Stocks product in the proper location. Submits product location information to receiving as available inventory
•Adheres to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties
•Daily interaction with co-workers in the warehouse, drivers and purchasing personnel.
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Minimum of three (3) months related experience in a warehouse environment; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education, and experience
• Ability to become certified in the operation of all warehouse equipment
• Need to have good math, reading, and writing skills
• Must be dependable and demonstrate the ability to follow directions
• Ability to make independent decisions within well-defined guidelines
• Must be a team player
• Basic math skills
• Ability to operate warehouse equipment
• Limited data entry skills
• Prior experience operating warehouse equipment, such as forklift, pallet jack and cherry picker
Physical Demands / Working Conditions
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employee may lift, lower, carry product up to a maximum of 64 pounds by hand. Will regularly operate warehouse equipment that requires manual dexterity requiring some coordinated movements. May require physical effort associated with using the computer or hand-held scanner to enter information.
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Works in a warehouse environment. While performing the duties of this job the employee will regularly operate warehouse equipment. Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-877-782-7537.