Supervisor Store Merchandise Design
Create individual store merchandising layouts based on merchandising strategies ensuring adherence to company standards. Apply merchandise strategy decisions tree to maximize sales and profits.
- Manage merchandising projects and take lead on scheduling, communications and deliverables.
- Translate concept store layouts into specific store layouts, adhering to merchandising principles for all projects, initiatives, new stores, relocations, and downsizings.
- Input draft floor plans into store merchandising software called SmartSpace
- Provide quality assurance by reviewing and revising all modified store layouts ensuring all changes are accurate and merchandising principles are maintained
- Coordinate ad-hoc merchandising change requests by first reviewing feasibility and then assessing the financial implications. Advise field management on the best course of action and coordinate support necessary to implement the change requests
- Coordinate with partner teams to maintain/upgrade existing Store Planning systems. Support the Manager of Store Merchandising Design in leveraging new functionality/processes to continually add value and raise expectations.
- Train and supervise contract merchandisers on an as needed basis
- Strong understanding of store design and merchandising layouts
- Knowledge of AutoCAD preferred but training will be given
- Confident go-getter with a can-do approach to new challenges, innovation and process improvement
- An enthusiastic communicator, comfortable with taking lead in meetings and having open dialogue with partner teams
Associate or Technical Degree required
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.