Sr. Manager, Product Management
The Sr. Manager, Own Brand Product Management has a critical role within the Staples Brands Group’s Product organization. The primary focus of this role is to lead the Product Management Tech team to deliver on all matters of innovation, brand and product development, assortment strategies and packaging execution. Reporting to the Director, Product Management and Development (Technology), this leadership position requires developing strong partnerships with key Own Brand and Merchandising stakeholders.
- Develop the long-term category growth strategy for the Own Brand Furniture category.
- Collaborate with Channel Sales and Merchants to develop and manage the sell side content within the Staples business.
- Actively manage the Own Brand Furniture assortment, ensuring products are refreshed, replaced and discontinued to keep up with market and customer expectations.
- Partner with Merchants to ensure that strategies and roadmaps support their selling objectives.
- Work with internal and external market research teams to ensure the voice of the customer is incorporated into new products.
- Manage new product development for all new products. Study best practices of other own brand programs, competitors, vendors and attend relevant trade shows. Lead development of project briefs and oversee key projects to ensure they provide sales growth, margin expansion, and/or market differentiation.
- Hire and train associates that demonstrate a long-term organizational fit and sustainable contribution to the team. Provide coaching, insights and motivation along with constructive feedback to team members.
- Foster shared learning across organizational boundaries. Create a climate that inspires development and in which risk-taking is in pursuit of learning is valued.
- Actively develop strong relationships with key leaders within SBG, Merchandising and Inventory organizations to aid in the removal of obstacles that inhibit successful development.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree required.
- Minimum 8 + years of experience in product development / project management and / or manufacturing.
- Excellent leadership skills. Ability to direct a team and achieve results while staying on schedule.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build strong relationships within the Staples organization.
- Strong negotiating skills and understanding of logistics and manufacturing operations.
- Ability to work well in a group and motivate team members. Proven ability to develop team members into future leaders within Staples.
- Creative thinker with passion for innovation, customer insights and new product opportunities.
- Team player able to work cross functionally to accomplish strategic initiatives.
- Cross functional team leadership. Ability to work across the Staples organization to lead the implementation of key projects.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint capabilities.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.