Project Manager - Furniture - VA Market
Seeking experienced furniture Project Manager with large project, multiple (nationwide) customer location experience that is capable of working as part of a team being extremely customer focused.
Project Manager who fully understands deadlines and complexities having an expertise in creating project timelines, reading drawings, having working knowledge of building interfaces for electrical and data.
Successful candidate should know how to budget a project, allocate resources, and mitigate risk. Also should enjoy interaction with trades and end user client groups alike and have a good grasp of both the spoken and written word as well as good presentation skills.
Average travel could be approximately 30-40% annually within market area to include car or airline and/or approximately an additional 10% out of market travel. Some overnights to be expected in both cases.
- High School Diploma required
- Minimum of three (3) years of project management and/or design and/or construction experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree desired
- Furniture Dealership or Furniture Manufacture experience
- CAPM or higher preferred (PMP)
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to read and understand construction drawings, furniture specification plans and other architectural drawings
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Possessing a great attention to detail
- Having extreme customer focus
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.