Maintenance Manager II, Fulfillment Center
- Coordinates and facilitates all repairs, maintenance and leasehold improvement activities for Fulfillment Center to insure a safe, clean and productive work environment.
- Develop budgets, including but not limited to Hired Services, Repairs and Maintenance, Supplies and Utility accounts.
- Negotiate and secure Preventative Maintenance contracts on high maintenance systems; HVAC, conveyors, dock levelers, bailers, material handling equipment, sprinkler system’s, emergency generators and any other maintenance service’s related to the Fulfillment Center. Set and maintain PM schedules.
- Contract or hire a work force to facilitate minor structural repairs and maintenance landscaping.
- Train and develop future Tech I and Tech II on all technical aspects of Fulfillment Facilities and Maintenance including but not limited to electrical, HVAC, conveyor systems and hydraulics. Create a pro-active, fair and consistent environment for all associates. Provide coaching and training in team initiatives to obtain associates involvement and achieve appropriate performance and quality levels. Ensure that proper staffing and training occur.
- Develop preventative maintenance programs for lift trucks, conveyor and HVAC systems.
- Develop monitoring systems for maintenance expenses by function and equipment.
- Maintain parts inventory, purchasing and inventory control.
- Foster a high level of internal customer service within the Fulfillment Center
- Develop and foster strong Train and develop future Tech I and Tech II and contractor partnerships to insure the best quality, cost and customer service.
- Coordinate Train and develop future Tech I and Tech II with corporate LP staff.
- Strong knowledge of the latest conveyer and controls solutions in the industry.
Experience upgrading controls solutions in a brownfield environment both PC and PLC based.
- Outstanding leadership qualities, including: assertiveness, organization, empathy, enthusiasm, decisiveness, planning, confidence; accountability, effective delegation, perseverance and credibility
- Proven ability to deal well with people at all levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Distribution/warehouse supervision experience
- Conveyors systems knowledge and experience, robotics preferred
- Must be willing to work flexible hours
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Three plus years in supervision experience in an automated distribution center of at least 250,000 sq. ft.
- Three plus years experience in working a fully automated, high speed production or fulfillment facility
- Strong technical and working knowledge of electrical, HVAC, energy management, hydraulic and conveyor systems
- Computer proficient in Windows related programs to include Access, Word, Project Manager and Excel
- Strong leader with excellent people skills with the ability to provide sound coaching
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill