Warehouse Associate 3 - Shipping, Full Time, Monday - Friday 5:30pm - 2:00am
Receive, store and distribute product and equipment within the warehouse. Complete all paperwork required.
Primary Responsibilities (other duties may be assigned)
- Provide work direction to Warehouse Workers to ensure the warehouse runs smoothly
- Moves product around warehouse, manually and systemically, operating warehouse equipment safely and efficiently
- Equipment that may be utilized include forklifts, pallet jacks, and cherry pickers
- Ensure accurate quantities of product are sorted by comparing appropriate paperwork, or what is displayed on hand-held scanner, and matching product numbers
- Question and resolve discrepancies as required
- Identify delivery shortages and damages of product
- Adhere to all safety procedures in the performance of job duties
- Daily interaction with co-workers in the warehouse and line-haul drivers
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Warehouse Worker; or any equivalent combination of acceptable training, education and experience
- Ability to work Monday – Friday (or Saturday varies by location), some weekends and holidays will be required based on business needs; flexible schedules are available
- Full-Time associates must have the ability to work additional hours beyond scheduled shift; additional overtime hours will be required based on business needs
- Prior experience operating warehouse equipment, such as forklift, pallet jack, and cherry picker
- Ability to lift, push or pull boxes/merchandise weighing between 70 pounds and 100 pounds
- Ability to become certified in the operation of all warehouse equipment
- Ability to provide work direction
- Must be dependable and demonstrate the ability to follow directions
- Ability to make independent decisions within well-defined guidelines
- Must be a team player
- Good communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Good math skills
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment
- Limited computer data entry skills
- Comfortable and able to navigate through Windows based computer systems
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred, but not required
- Previous exposure or knowledge of PKMS or other Warehouse Management Systems (WMS)
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employee may lift, push, pull boxes/merchandise weighing between 70 pounds and 100 pounds by hand. Will regularly operate warehouse equipment which requires manual dexterity requiring some coordinated.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work in a warehouse environment, which includes working throughout seasonal temperature variations
- While performing duties of the job, the employee may operate warehouse equipment
- Use of proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards; noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Staples Supply Chain and Logistics is recognized as one of the top supply chain organizations within North America. With an extensive fulfillment and delivery network providing services for three main business units, we are able to deliver customer orders next day to 98% of the U.S. population, not to mention or Distribution Centers supporting our Retail Stores. Our 10,000 Supply Chain & Logistics associates throughout North America continue to “make more happen” through the integration of people, process and technology. We sell more than 2 million SKUs and are continually adding more products for our customers. We continue to invest in our people, capabilities and technology to deliver “Every product our customers need, when they want it, where they want and how they want it.” Without a doubt, our Supply Chain differentiates us from our emerging competitors.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.