This leader is part of the Pricing Team that is focused on NAD’s small and mid-market customer segments across both the SBA and Staples.com portfolio. This individual will focus on leading the execution on plans to drive incremental sales and margin across both operating platforms while leveraging a more data oriented approach to pricing this growing segment. This leader will retain a focus on improving customer price perception and customer retention.
Responsibilities include conceptualizing, creating and communicating analyses and insights on inputs that can impact price perception, retention, sales and margin, which includes (but is not limited to) product category performance, website performance, customer behavior, voice of customer, and competitive intelligence. The Manager will be responsible for strategic reporting and analysis regarding pricing’s results. This reporting will help the business to prioritize opportunities, understand price elasticity and to track / understand both benefits / risks. This individual will serve as a subject matter expert & will mentor Analysts, Sr. Analysts and/or Project Managers
This position represents an ideal role for a highly motivated and analytical individual. Given the strategic and cross-functional nature of this role, successful applicants should possess a combination of structured strategic thinking, exceptional collaboration skills, strong analytical ability and a passion for new ideas.
Program Pricing – Serve as key resource for NAD mid-market, utilizing data driven tools to enable long term program growth:
- Design, implement, and maintain customer pricing programs across all platforms; serve as SME for ad-hoc inquiries
- Quantify results of pricing initiatives while addressing potential channel conflicts to ensure value proposition consistency
- Refine pricing benefits to reflect market conditions; ensure category/vendor/SKU investments align with marketing campaigns
Sales & Margin Efforts – Manage and implement initiatives to enhance overall profitability:
- Facilitate and champion best practices to integrate disparate data sources into cohesive business insights
- Establish and own cross-functional framework to craft and launch promos in conjunction with merchandizing efforts
- Monitor supply chain dependencies to anticipate inflationary events and assess impact to competitive landscape
- Minimum 6-8 years previous work experience required (3-6 years’ related experience in B2B distribution environment or financial/analyst work desirable)
- BA/BS Degree required with a concentration in Finance, Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics or related discipline highly preferred
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in pricing data science, business analytics, finance or comparable analytics positions
- Strong ability to translate data into insights and develop business recommendations that will drive revenue and margin impact
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
- Exceptional analytical and critical thinking skills; ability to use data to break down complex problems and formulate plans and execute against those plans
- MBA or advanced degree is preferred
- Demonstrated experience in pricing strategy, analytics, and management
- Bias for action and experience making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Management experience in hiring, coaching and leading high performing teams
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Must be very organized and be able to balance competing priorities.
- Proven ability to collaborate broadly with flexible, positive attitude and ability to get results
- Comfortable working both independently with minimal supervision and closely in a team setting
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.