Staples Promotional Products (SPP) is the world's most trusted source for branded solutions because we make promotional products easy. We are committed to providing outstanding service and exceptional value by being your business partner in brand development. That's why companies large and small, all over the world, turn to us for the resources they need to increase brand reach and visibility.
Leading the industry with over 65 years of experience, Staples Promotional Products has financial strength and global partnerships that ensure we can deliver your custom order on time and at the best possible price. We are dedicated to helping your business.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for collaborating with Account Manager on the merchandising strategy for customer programs.
- Conducts product movement and category analysis, and utilizes this data along with demographic information and retail trends to drive merchandising recommendations.
- Source and recommend merchandise solutions, including decoration/embellishment/custom artwork as required, and provide this merchandise selection within timing of critical path.
- Continually source new and exciting products and imprinting techniques.
- Continually look for opportunities to consolidate spend and increase profitability, including negotiating pricing with suppliers as required.
- Manage the merchandising spreadsheet, containing all product details and pricing breakdown for any given program.
- Obtain/document vendor pricing for client presentation and for program duration.
- Control and maintain margins within set guidelines by program.
- Be our customers’ brand advocate – responsible for ensuring products meet customer brand guidelines.
- Adhere to and be educated on product safety & compliance guidelines and processes.
- Produce accurate and creative copy writing describing products featured in programs.
- Present merchandise selections to clients – be able to speak to why products were selected and relate to customer objectives, as well as our research & analysis.
- Coordinate/follow up on vendors’ services via telephone and email.
- Produce/maintain accurate and organized reports to monitor program(s).
- Develop and maintain library of vendor catalogues by regions (e.g. Canada/US/Overseas) for use by all departments within SPP.
- Remain current on preferred and industry supplier products and services.
- Work overtime as required to meet deadlines.
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
Superior negotiation skills
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Outstanding organizational skills and detail orientation
Ability to prioritize, multi-task and to work well under tight deadlines
Ability to participate positively in a team atmosphere
Extensive product knowledge
Product development capability/experience an asset
Copywriting knowledge an asset
Overseas buying experience an asset
Understanding of decorating processes (embroidery, screen printing, etc)
Intermediate computer skills (Excel/Word /Windows/Office environment)
Bilingual (French/English) an asset
Print/web production knowledge an asset
- Purchasing / buying / merchandising experience
- 2-3 Years relevant work experience in product marketing, merchandising or related field
- High school required. College/University or related courses of study preferred
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.