SPP Commercial Account Executive- (Atlanta, GA)
With over 65 years of experience, Staples prides itself as the top promotional products distributor in North America.
Staples Promotional Products is dedicated to maintaining a brand’s integrity and delivering orders on time and on budget. Whether a company is large or small, our team of creative experts is here to help develop the best marketing solution. Companies will find the perfect promotional products to fit their advertising needs. Our top-notch customer service is unmatched in the industry, keeping companies our top priority.
Prospects and closes profitable promotional products sales to a diverse range of mid-size accounts that are primarily Staples customers. Serves as the primary contact for the client during the sales process and works with internal support functions (special order, account services, sales management, etc.) to ensure that client needs are met for special order and managed programs. As part of an integrated, strategic selling team, the Promotional Products Account Executive collaborates with sales professionals from other Staples product categories to develop sales strategies for Staples accounts to maximize sales of all product categories.
- Manages and owns the strategic corporate relationship between client/subsidiaries/partners and Staples Promotional Products
- Develops strategic plan to grow sales and margin within the assigned clients for all Staples Promotional Products lines of business
- Works with other Lines of Business to introduce and drive incremental revenue opportunities
- Conducts meetings and presentations with key account stake holders to drive sales and insure excellent customer experience
- Provides direction and leadership to all internal departments that support customer – SPO, Merchandising, Customer Service – to insure client needs are met
- Achieves sales budgets and margin attainment
- Negotiates contract extensions and insures all contract terms are adhered to
- Understands, communicates and interprets brand direction for all account team members
- Provides leadership & direction on client merchandise needs
- Recommends new products ideas to drive brand objectives
- Analyzes our current position to identify discrepancies with client goals and develop a shared vision
- Travels to various key locations to promote our total range of services
- Participates at on-site events
- Schedules/Manages Client Business Reviews and leads strategic discussions at reviews
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four to six years' experience profitably selling B2B programs to "C" Level contacts within corporate America.
- Experience within the promotional product industry
- Strong leadership skills (to coordinate with internal support teams)
- Excellent selling skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong financial acumen
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.