Warehouse Associate 2 - Loader, Full Time, Mon - Fri, 3pm - 11:30pm
Primarily responsible for operating a fork-lift to sort freight and load delivery trucks, assist drivers with navigation and delivery, or desk-top deliveries.
• Complete all tasks accurately and completely in order to meet internal/external customer requirements
• Sort freight and load truck according to route sequence
• Deliver product to customers in a prompt, safe, business like, and friendly manner; make deliveries to designated locations; top priority should be given to taking care of the customer’s needs
• Keep truck and associated equipment in proper working order; report any problems to facility management
• Unload trailers, sort freight, and load delivery truck according to route sequence
• Ensure product is in correct location and notify supervisor of any obstacles
• Ensure product is stacked neatly and safely within the warehouse and the delivery truck
• Conduct business in a professional and courteous manner and attitude
• Perform all tasks according to Standard Operating Procedures to ensure a safe work environment for all associates
• Work as a team member by interacting and communicating with fellow associates in a cooperative, constructive manner
• Maintain a clean and neat work space at all times
• Demonstrated regular attendance
• Perform other duties as assigned
• High school diploma or equivalent
• 18 years of age or older
• Work in ambient temperatures during the winter and summer
• Work at heights up to 13 feet on material handling equipment
• Ability to lift, push or pull equipment/merchandise weighing between 70 pounds and 100 pounds
• Ability to speak and understand the English language
• Ability to navigate and read a map
• DOT certification
• Personal Computer (PC) and Microsoft Office knowledge
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires moderate physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing duties of this job, employee will regularly sit, stand, walk, stoop, kneel and crouch. Employee may lift, lower, carry product up to a maximum of 66 pounds by hand. Require physical effort associated with using the personal computer and RF scanners to enter information. Must be able to read and hear verbal instructions or through a headset.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Work in a warehouse environment, which includes working throughout seasonal temperature variations
• While performing duties of the job, the employee may operate warehouse equipment
• Use of proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards; noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
Staples Supply Chain and Logistics is recognized as one of the top supply chain organizations within North America. With an extensive fulfillment and delivery network providing services for three main business units, we are able to deliver customer orders next day to 98% of the U.S. population, not to mention or Distribution Centers supporting our Retail Stores. Our 10,000 Supply Chain & Logistics associates throughout North America continue to “make more happen” through the integration of people, process and technology. We sell more than 2 million SKUs and are continually adding more products for our customers. We continue to invest in our people, capabilities and technology to deliver “Every product our customers need, when they want it, where they want and how they want it.” Without a doubt, our Supply Chain differentiates us from our emerging competitors.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.