Automation Engineer- Software Support
Come join and be a part of a Groundbreaking Automation and Robotics Team at Staples. Staples is re-inventing its Supply Chain by Developing its own Automation and Robotics products. This candidate will test, debug, implement, and support software in test and production environments to create a seamless user experience. The candidate will also design, develop, and improve new and existing software to further improve the efficiency of our fulfillment centers.
- Support various existing software throughout our entire Supply Chain.
- Quickly diagnose and troubleshoot errors that occur in both live production environments and testing environments.
- Manage issues that can be fixed and enhancements that can be made to improve our software so that it becomes more robust, scalable, and efficient.
- Develop and execute test plans for robotic and automation software
- Work closely with cross functional teams.
- Perform on-site commissioning support.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Excellent understanding of software engineering, automation, and robotics.
- Management of issue tracking software such as JIRA.
- 4-5 years of development/support experience in Java and C++ and strong knowledge of object-oriented concepts.
- Knowledge of C#, Android development, and Linux systems a plus.
- Knowledge of logistics, warehouse management, or Tableau a plus.
- Experience with source control, code reviews, and code coverage analysis.
- Must enjoy and be willing to learn new and emerging technologies.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills in software.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and the ability to conduct meetings and presentations with associates from all levels of management.