Sr.Auomation Engineer - Sr. Software Dev.
Come join and be a part of a Groundbreaking Automation and Robotics Team at Staples. Staples is re-inventing its Supply Chain by Developing its own Automation and Robotics products. This candidate will architect, design, develop, test, debug and implement efficient technical solutions for complex business requirements provided in use cases and/or represented graphically. This solution will integrate with our existing automation and robotics solution running in our fulfillment centers.
- Understand complex requirements presented graphically and create a robust software solution which integrates well with existing automation and robotics solution.
- Design, code, test and debug software solution for the requirements.
- Lead design sessions and provide logic inputs to other developers on the team
- Ability to provide technical expertise in software design, construction, and deployment.
- Manage issues that can be fixed and enhancements that can be made to improve our software so that it becomes more robust, scalable, and efficient.
- Quickly diagnose and troubleshoot errors that occur in both live production environments and testing environments.
- Perform on-site commissioning support.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- Excellent understanding of software engineering, automation, and robotics.
- 8-10 years of development experience in Java and C++ and strong knowledge of object-oriented concepts.
- Knowledge of PostgreSQL database design.
- Knowledge of C#, Android development, and Linux systems a plus.
- Knowledge of logistics, warehouse management, or Tableau a plus.
- Experience with source control, code reviews, and code coverage analysis.
- Management of issue tracking software such as JIRA.
- Must enjoy and be willing to learn new and emerging technologies.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills in software.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and the ability to conduct meetings and presentations with associates from all levels of management.