Principal Business Systems Analyst
About the Job: The Digital Applications and Insights team is seeking a talented and experienced Business Systems Analyst who can be one of the leaders in the Data & Analytics transformation and acceleration at Staples.
The team is responsible for data enablement at Staples and has a variety of data and analytics solutions that a candidate that has master analysis skills would be suited for. The transformation includes creation of data marts and OLAP meta-data layers that will enable self-service for our business partners with governed, certified data sets, as well as providing a hub for various data integration points. A key success factor is top notch understanding of data governance, and sense of ownership for translating and defining business requirements from Business Stakeholders to well written user stories. In addition, this person will serve as scrum master for some of the data teams and will help with Agile transformation at Staples. If you have a passion for data and have experience with Agile and transformation, then we want to talk to you! A fantastic opportunity awaits you!
- Engage Business Stakeholders to identify requirements for current and future products through ongoing interaction.
- Ability to translate requirements to well-written user stories to bridge the gap between business and technology.
- Facilitate User Acceptance testing through creation of critical success factors and testing outlines to ensure requirements are met.
- Facilitate standups as scrum master
- Strong understanding of Data Governance concepts to ensure consistent implementations of data sets, terminology and reporting structures for data integrity.
- Periodically assess customer satisfaction with products and make suggestions for improvements.
- Provide routine and transparent product updates to all levels of stakeholders via formal presentations and written communication.
- Create effective release communications for business stakeholders which outline key features and benefits.
- Collaborate on product roadmap, participate in Agile planning sessions to execute roadmap.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with internal customers and stakeholders to gather, synthesize and understand business requirements and define and execute product roadmaps through translation to meaningful user stories.
- Assist in Agile transformation ensuring Agile practices are followed, to plan and launch projects on time, on budget and on specification.
- Stay informed of industry trends and best practices for current products and technologies in the Data Space to shape how to go about meeting business needs.
- Perform research and provide recommendations for enhancement to current suite of products.
- Review technical solutions to ensure the business requirements and long-term product goals are being met.
- The candidate should be self-motivated, with a positive attitude and demonstrate the ability to provide strong solutions that help resolve business challenges.
- Ability to see big picture and then identify key areas for deep analysis to support sound solutions.
- BS/BA degree in Business Management (or related field), or minimum 10+ years of relevant Business Systems Analyst related experience
- At least 3 years of experience with Agile, Scrum, and SAFe
- At least 5 years of experience as a Business Systems Analyst in the Data Analytics discipline
- At least 5 years of experience organizing working with business and running User Acceptance Testing cycles
- Experience providing top notch support and service to business partners
- Strong analytical and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills and ability to present complex technical/analytical concepts to executive audience
- Strong business mindset with ability to collaborate with business partners to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery
- Ability to work independently with business partners and management to understand their needs and exceed expectations in translating those needs into technical tools/solutions
- Effective planning, leadership and communication.
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Experience in the following areas:
- Information Technology
- Data Mining & Analytics
- Data Warehousing / Data Marts
- Data Visualization
- Business Intelligence
- Business Systems Analysis
- Strong analytical, qualitative, and quantitative skills
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate to senior level executives and third-party vendors
- Market research
- Competitive analysis
- Usability testing Strategic thinking
- Critical thinking
- Breaking down complex problems and formulating plans for resolution
- Learning complex workflows and products
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration
- Certified Scrum Master
- Enterprise BI Application skills with one or more of the following:
- MicroStrategy, Cognos, Business Objects, or Microsoft Power BI or SSRS/SSAS
- High level knowledge of Big Data including Hadoop and Data Lakes
- Experience with relational databases, SQL, and proficiency using analytic tools to answer business questions
- Experience with Microsoft Azure or AWS