Driver/Furniture Installer, M-F, 7am-3:30pm
Perform various furniture service duties including delivery, assembly, installation, repair and service of warranty and non-warranty office furniture. Report to Supervisor, Furniture Installation or Manager, Furniture Operations.
Primary Responsibilities: (in order of importance; other duties may be assigned)
• Load furniture orders onto truck and delivers product to customer; completes furniture assembly/installation as per installation specifications to meet customer satisfaction; inspects furniture for proper operability according to manufacturer’s guidelines
• Install all types of free-standing furniture, panel and modular systems; this includes placement, leveling, wipe-down, and touch-up of metal and wood furniture at customer location
• Maintain an efficient two-day turn-around on all furniture repair service calls. Completes all required furniture service/repair paperwork (warranty or non-warranty)
• Unload incoming furniture trucks using warehouse equipment (i.e., forklift, pallet jack)
• Follow all safety procedures in the performance to job duties
• Daily interaction with customers, market furniture staff, and warehouse furniture management
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
• Minimum of one (1) year experience driving a delivery truck required
• Minimum of one (1) year experience assembling and servicing furniture required
• Experience in using hand and electrical tools to assemble furniture
• Must have a valid driver’s license
• Must be at least 21 years of age
• Ability to lift, push or pull equipment/merchandise weighing between 70 - 100 pounds
• Ability to read and speak the English language sufficient to converse with the general public, to understand highway traffic signs and signals in the English language, to respond to official inquiries, and to make entries on reports and records
• Ability to be D.O.T. certified with a good driving record and physically qualified to drive by passing a D.O.T. physical
• Good knowledge of metro area
• Prior experience with hand truck/dolly type equipment; on-the-job training for pallet jack and OSHA training for stand-up lift is required
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
• Ability to read and construction blueprints and CAD installation drawings
• Proven basic computer skills
• Demonstrated competence related to writing installation project and problem reports
• Ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions furnished in written and oral form
• Excellent customer service skills, conducting customer contact in a professional and courteous manner
• Experience driving lightweight trucks
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work requires physical effort and use of motor skills requiring manual dexterity. While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, climb, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, push/pull, or balance weight for extended periods of time. Employee must frequently lift, push or pull boxes/merchandise weighing between 70 - 100 pounds. With mechanical assistance, employee will occasionally move up to 300 pounds. Employee will regularly drive a delivery truck and must be able to enter and exit the truck throughout the day. Regularly operate warehouse equipment that requires manual dexterity and use of lightweight tools requiring some coordinated movements. Activities include using a forklift or pallet jack to move furniture; and lightweight tools to assemble, install or repair furniture.
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Drive delivery routes in all types of weather. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly operates warehouse equipment and lightweight tools. Using proper safety procedures will eliminate any potential hazards. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Staples Supply Chain and Logistics is recognized as one of the top supply chain organizations within North America. With an extensive fulfillment and delivery network providing services for three main business units, we are able to deliver customer orders next day to 98% of the U.S. population, not to mention or Distribution Centers supporting our Retail Stores. Our 10,000 Supply Chain & Logistics associates throughout North America continue to “make more happen” through the integration of people, process and technology. We sell more than 2 million SKUs and are continually adding more products for our customers. We continue to invest in our people, capabilities and technology to deliver “Every product our customers need, when they want it, where they want and how they want it.” Without a doubt, our Supply Chain differentiates us from our emerging competitors.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.