Garment Operator Associate - PR, 10:30pm-7am M-F
This job uses a multihead embroidery machine and related embroidery equipment to embroider designs (e.g., company names, university logos, etc.) on products such as shirts, sweatshirts, coats, sweatpants, and shorts. This job is cyclical in nature. Multihead Operators review an embroidery work order, set up for the order, run the order, tear down after the order, and then begin the process again with the next order. The goal of this job is to embroider high-quality designs in an accurate, efficient, and safe manner with minimal errors.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Determines which work orders need to be run based on priority.
• Verifies they have been given the correct products to embroider.
Sets up for embroidery work orders.
• Uses work order to determine proper design placement on the product.
• Selects which embroidery hoops and design backing to use based on design size and product.
• Uses hooping press to attach an embroidery hoop and add design backing to each product.
• Sets up multihead embroidery machine (e.g., threads, bobbins, and needles) and programs it based on the work order.
• Loads a hooped product onto the multihead embroidery machine.
• Runs a test sample to check placement and design quality.
• Obtains supervisor’s approval of the test sample before continuing with the work order.
Runs embroidery work orders.
• Loads a hooped product onto each head of the multihead embroidery machine.
• Starts the multihead embroidery machine and monitors it as the designs get embroidered on the products.
• Removes hooped products from the multihead embroidery machine once the machine has finished embroidering the designs.
• Rehoops the products if there is more than one design to be embroidered on the product.
• Continues the hooping and embroidery process until all designs have been embroidered on the product.
• Monitors equipment and design quality and makes adjustments as needed to ensure high-quality designs and proper design placement.
Tears down after running embroidery work orders.
• Removes hooped product from the multihead embroidery machine.
• Removes embroidery hoop from each product.
• Inspects design and cuts any hanging or looped threads off of the design.
• Places embroidered products back on racks or in bins.
• Moves racks or bins over to the inspecting area and gets work area ready for the next work order.
Keeps records and maintains work area.
• Completes production tracking paperwork and verifies that it is accurate.
• Monitors equipment and notifies maintenance of any problems.
• Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Knowledge of multihead embroidery machines and related embroidery equipment including their uses, adjustments, and maintenance.
• Skills in troubleshooting and solving problems.
• Ability to read and comprehend a work order.
• Ability to process work orders accurately, efficiently, and safely with minimal errors.
• Ability to maintain accurate counts utilizing basic math skills.
• Ability to use scissors and other small hand tools requiring hand/finger dexterity.
• Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, and grip throughout work shift.
• Ability to use both arms to operate equipment.
• Ability to lift up to 15 pounds.
• Must be detail oriented to ensure high-quality embroidery design standards are met.
Minimum Education Required:
- High School Diploma or GED
Minimum Prior Related Work Experience Typically Required:
- Less than 1 year
Essential Work Environment:
Work takes place in a well-lighted production environment with loud moving equipment and concrete floors. Work is labor intensive and involves continually repeating processes to mass produce products. Work requires standing for long periods of time.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law