Retail Sales Manager
Retail Store Manager is responsible for the daily operations of the store and supervising part-time employees. Plans and coordinates sales, merchandising, scheduling. Ensures excellent customer service is provided.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Impact on Business (i.e. business contribution; nature and scope of responsibility; risk and financial management; strategic vs. tactical vs. delivery orientation.
- Manage and motivates sales associates to increase sales and ensure efficiency.
- Ensures standards for quality customer service
- Manage stock levels making key decisions about stock control, places orders with internal merchandise team
- Monitor sales figures and forecasting future sales
- Provides training, coaching and development to sales associates
- Responds to customer complaints/comments
- Merchandises the store on a regular basis, setting displays, coordinating off site events
- Completes store scheduling and assigning staff tasks
Innovation and Change (i.e. improvements to procedures, services, or products, as well as development of new ideas, methods, techniques, services and products)
Internal & External Customers / Suppliers as well as Third Parties (i.e. include level or job title of customer relationship and the nature of the customer relationship management and service delivery)
People Leadership (i.e. staff management; accountability for hiring, coaching, training, conducting performance review, determining pay actions)
- Accountability for training of store associates, hiring any new part-time employees and supervising their performance/work.
Business Strategy (if contributes to business strategy; is position responsible for defining, modifying or executing and is focus on long term (typically 3-5 years) or short- to mid-term (12-18 months))
KPIs– Key Performance Indicators (i.e. how is success defined in this role?)
- Successful operation of retail store including management of sales associates
Hit sales goals
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Previous supervisory experience
- College Degree preferred
- Previous supervisory experience in a retail environment preferred
- Previous Promotional Products/Industry experience preferred
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.