- Working with multiple cross functional engineers to bring a concept from concept to reality.
- Building robust and scalable software applications to support Staples Robotics and Automation.
- Work closely with cross functional teams to integrate conveyor controls solutions.
- Ability to provide technical expertise in software design, construction, and deployment.
- Perform on-site commissioning support.
- BS or MS in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science.
- Must enjoy and be willing to learn new technologies and responsibilities.
- 5-7 years of experience in related field.
- Experience with source control, code reviews, code coverage analysis, and bug tracking systems.
- Experience designing and deploying a high quality, scalable enterprise software solution.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux OS and the following programming languages C, C++, C#, Dot Net and Java.
- Database skills: PostgreSQL, Teradata, sql server
- Analytic tools: tableau, qlikview, micro strategy
- Other: Hadoop, shell scripting, process simulation software, emulate3D
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills in software and hardware.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and the ability to conduct meetings and presentations with associates from all levels of management.
- Job will require 25-50% travel