Business Development Manager, Inside Sales Representative
What Staples Business Advantage offers you:
- Starting annual base salary at $40,000 (may vary based on experience level)
- Uncapped monthly commission plan
- 2 weeks vacation
- 2 personal paid days
- Competitive flexible benefits program
- Employer contribution to employee RRSP
- Associates’ discount program
- Joining a great corporate culture
- And much more…
The Inside Business Development Manager (IBDM) is responsible for uncovering, prospecting and winning new business. The IBDM will work with prospects over the phone to negotiate a ‘one-stop-shop’ solution for businesses, in which they can purchase all of their business categories from one vendor in Staples Business Advantage. The IBDM works closely with their Account Manager and Sales Management team to successfully transition the ongoing account management responsibility to them, after the client has committed to an ongoing business relationship.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Researches, cold calls, qualifies, negotiates and presents appropriate sales solutions to acquire new business
- Achieve revenue, gross margin and new business conversion targets through the acquisition of new accounts
- Ensure smooth transition of on-going account management to Account Manager
- Market Segmentation – Accounts, $4,200 to $250,000 in annual sales potential
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Previous Sales experience with proven success, Business Development experience an asset
- Strong negotiation skills with proven closing ability
- Demonstrates consultative selling skills
- Experience with a CRM platform
- Ability to function independently, as well as working effectively in a team environment
- 1-3 years of sales experience prospecting and winning new accounts
- Office product industry experience helpful, distribution selling environment an asset
- Experience selling in B2B environment preferred
Education: Post secondary education in business related discipline - Diploma or Degree preferred
Staples Business Advantage is a large organization and continues to grow across Canada. This position can lead to various promotions including outside business development, account management, line of business specialist, sales management and other.
Staples Business Advantage is the leading business supplier in Canada, providing customers with a complete assortment of products and services, including office supplies, technology products, facility solutions, furniture, and business services. As the business-to-business division of Staples, Staples Business Advantage works with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs and to provide dedicated account management to meet the needs of any business.
Staples Business Advantage Canada is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with eight distribution centres across Canada. The company employs over 1,500 associates and leverages over 170 delivery vehicles. Staples Business Advantage works in partnership with the Staples Business Advantage Contract division in the US and internationally to provide common programs for our international customer base.
Staples Business Advantage provides many advantages for all business sizes: a customizable online ordering system, excellent customer care, easy-to-browse catalogues, next day delivery capabilities and a dedicated sales organization to meet the needs of every type of business.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.