Special Orders Account Representative- 12 month contract
Manages customer relationships for assigned account portfolio. Responsible for account retention and penetration while supporting Sales Representative and/or customers directly by providing promotional product / event solutions. Researches and recommends promotional and proprietary products and services, solicits quotes, negotiates with vendors, and executes orders.
- Manages customer relations and expectations directly through customer or Sales representative for assigned book of business to prepare quotes based upon order specifications.
- Researches possible solutions utilizing company systems, merchandise, sourcing and selling products from Staples Promotional Products (SPP) line of business and approved suppliers to provide solutions to the customer.
- Utilize experience and knowledge of customer history and SPP promotional and proprietary products and services to penetrate additional sales opportunities and recommend changes to existing product utilization to improve margins / account profitability.
- Utilize company systems combined with work experience for pricing application for larger volumes/complex accounts. Work with suppliers to source products/negotiate cost to meet the customers specific needs for non-program merchandise, special events, etc.
- Work with expeditors/billing/accounting/team lead to facilitate the billing process via company and/or customer invoicing or e-procurement processes and systems.
- Resolve client/supplier / internal issues.
- Collaborate with various support departments to implement customer expectations & requirements.
- Involvement in ongoing improvement efforts as directed by management.
- Represent Staples at customer shows, corporate trade shows, and occasional territory travel.
- Customer service experience and promotional products merchandising or purchasing skills are required.
- Excellent customer relation and communication skills including verbal and written such as e-mail and phone skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency of Microsoft programs (Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint). and industry experience with ESP or SAGE is preferred.
- Demonstrated organizational skills with capacity to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Advanced strategic business sense to assist in managing account profitability and meeting forecast.
- Demonstrated math skills.
- Solid knowledge of company systems and processes.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- 2 to 4 years of related work experience