The role of the Field Marketing Consultant will support a regional sales area of NAD with customer relationship and solution-oriented marketing through sales activation. Working with the leadership of assigned business teams, provide effective consultation and awareness of marketing programs to competitively position NAD, education & objection handling aligned with key value proposition messages, activation of marketing campaigns and aid in adoption of technologies. In partnership with segment marketing and centers of excellence and aligned with regional sales needs, activate key measurable marketing campaigns that accelerate sales engagement to achieve growth and profit goals. Support overall customer centricity goals by developing expertise in navigating the buyers journey from field based experiences and driving insightful, measured learnings & feedback.
In addition, this role will act as a consultative representative and marketing resource to assist in the execution and synchronization of marketing plan activity, roll-out of key initiatives, partner with corporate and field project managers, and work cross functionally to achieve consensus and support in all marketing resources.
As part of a dispersed, remote team, demonstrate a strong ability to report out on the milestones and business results as well as collaborate with peers to ensure best practices are shared, priorities are discussed and feedback is used to improve performance across the team.
This individual draws on marketing experience in order to act independently, convene resources, arrive at solutions, execute, to manage details and to manage multiple projects and priorities. Foundational awareness in marketing disciplines including email engagement, digital response and message scripting required. Strong communications a must to support the customer centricity and sales team to execute and measure program effectiveness.
• Function as the field expert in the live channel teams with strong ties to supporting overall existing customer growth and retention goals.
• Work with regional Sales Management and Segment Marketing teams to onboard and accelerate sales team effectiveness
• Leverage foundations of marketing to educate sales organization on all corporate and regional marketing initiatives and tools that will enhance their ability to achieve annual NAD sales and profit objectives.
• Ensure that centrally developed marketing programs are meeting customer, sales force, and existing customer needs to driving sales and customer growth, retention and loyalty.
• As needed, develop and test specific marketing programs (email, digital, direct mail) that will effectively drive acquisitions, sales, and profit.
• Communicate customer and sales feedback to Segment Marketing for improving future programs.
• Establish Field Marketing as a consultative representative and marketing resource for assigned market segment
• Strategize, align and synchronize marketing initiatives & tools that support the continued growth of electronic commerce offerings, full product category adoption, customer implementations, and program compliance.
• Present marketing plans and participate in business reviews/boardrooms with internal and external customers
• Set priorities and expected deliverables to achieve these measured goals.
• Proven ability to work with Senior Management levels
• Proven ability to accelerate customer engagement through effective sales and marketing strategies
• Experience in sales training a plus
• Excellent analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills required
• Proficiency in MS Office required
• MS Access and other desktop software a plus
• Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
• Must be able to present in both small and large groups and have excellent presentations skills.
• Sensitivity and appreciation to highly confidential information
• Ability to manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously and independently
• Strong organizational skills, highly motivated, attention to detail
• Willingness to travel 30% of time to cover geography of assigned sales region
• Bachelor’s Degree with 3-5 years relevant work experience
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.