Bilingual Call Center Representative (Work from Home / Telecommute flexibility)
This job is based in our office located on 1616 Eiffel Street, Boucherville J4B 8N3 and offers a flexibility for telecommute work (home based work).
Work Schedule: 37.5 hours per week from Monday to Friday, requiring full availability from 8am-8pm.
The Bilingual Customer Service Representative is responsible to effectively take ownership of business customer (B2B) requests, receive and enter orders, identify and resolve problems in order to meet customers’ needs in a courteous and professional manner. Seize revenue-generating opportunities by upselling additional products to customer base. Proactively provide an outstanding customer service experience which promotes customer loyalty and the retention of the customer base. If an inquiry cannot be resolved at point of contact, tracks the inquiry to completion through the appropriate departments and systems.
What Staples Business Advantage offers you
- Market competitive hourly pay rate
- 2 weeks vacation accumulated within a 12 months period
- 2 personal paid days
- Competitive flexible benefits program
- Employer contribution to employee RRSP
- Associates’ discount program
- Joining a great corporate culture
- And much more…
- Enthusiastically and creatively handles large volumes of customer calls in an efficient and high quality manner in order to support the Staples Advantage vision. Identifies, researches, resolves and records customer issues or problems and follows up with the customer to assure appropriate action is taken and that the issue is resolved to the customer’s delight. Properly utilizes systems and processes when handling customer inquiries, researching and resolving issues. Consistently enters all relevant data for the purposes of tracking and analyzing customer information.
- Effectively handles customer interactions by properly greeting customer, evaluating inquiries, providing appropriate assistance, accurately entering orders, seizing up selling opportunities, recommending substitutions including Own Brands, following through to ensure customer needs are met in a complete, timely and professional manner, in accordance with all company standards.
- Uses a consultative approach to address customer inquiries. Proactively up-sells additional products in relation to customer orders. Promotes specials and product features. Seizes selling opportunities by applying knowledge of product line, using pricing guidelines and supporting strategic sales initiatives and revenue rally campaigns. Recognizes lost business opportunities and responds to pricing requests in accordance with predefined pricing guidelines.
- Enters customers’ orders with a high level of accuracy, processes customer returns received via multiple media, as well as credit and re-bill requests.
- Assists customers and provides first level support for questions and issues regarding the use of E-Way, including resolving E-way exception errors and processing E-way return requests.
- Provides timely backorder information and alternate product recommendations to customers when required.
- Meets quality and productivity metrics and other key performance indicators.
- Works collaboratively with peers and other departments, keeping appropriate individuals informed to assure positive customer relations are maintained. Supports a continuous improvement culture. Successfully completes required training and attends required meetings.
- Daily interface with customers, sales representatives, purchasing personnel, warehouse, delivery personnel regarding customer requests. Occasional interactions with vendors.
- High school diploma
- Minimum of 1 year of Customer service experience required
- Relevant sales experience is a must have
Knowledge Skill /Requirements:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional telephone manner
- Excellent PC & data entry skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to defuse difficult situations resulting in a win-win
- Good problem-solving skills
- Must be a team player
- Ability to multitask
- Basic selling skills
- Bilingual English/French mandatory
- Comfortable with sitting at a desk for extended periods of time.
- Access to high speed internet through a landline (does not include satellite) and phone line (does not include cellular)
- Access to a home office or quiet area to work without interruption.
- Be located within 50km of our office in Boucherville and able to be present on site for the initial 10 week training period.
- Must be willing to travel to home office at least once per month.
- Must be willing to work any shift between 7am and 8pm. Core business hours are 8am to 5pm EST.