Bilingual Contract Furniture Sales Coordinator
The Contract Furniture Sales Coordinator (CFSC) is responsible for developing furniture sales within our existing customer base. The CFSC serves as the furniture subject matter expert for his/her assigned sales representatives and works with the team to access and persuade the customer’s to buy contract furniture <25K through Staples Business Advantage. The CFSC leverages their team members to generate leads and opportunities and manage National programs to achieve their monthly sales targets. The CFSC will also be responsible for following up on leads provided to them through marketing programs.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Drives sales/Support Sales Organization
· Leverages the OP organization to increase furniture penetration within existing accounts
· Participates in day-to-day relationship with existing customers by developing strong relationships and delivering exceptional customer service
· Product sourcing and quoting
· Achieve contract furniture revenue and gross margin targets in defined territory
· Achieve retention and penetration furniture targets in existing furniture accounts
· Target Segment – 1.5M to 2.5M per year in total sales focusing on <25K and under
· Management and coordination (includes order entry and purchasing) of client standards programs and pricing contracts
· Identify and close opportunities through the understanding of furniture vendor catalogues and product lines; use of discount structures and pricing guidelines
· Supports Strategic Sales initiatives and marketing programs
· Manages and resolves customer concerns and follows up with customer to assure appropriate action is taken and issues are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction, within a reasonable time frame.
· Assists in training of sales and customer service along with customers on products, processes and procedures
· Works with their Manager to develop and review target account opportunities for their aligned teams assignment
· Coordinates sales and account maintenance efforts with other sales resources (Furniture Sales Support, Interior Design, Project Manager, WDI staff)
· Utilizes mfg. resources to specify customer requirements
· Develop and regularly maintain an ongoing funnel within SFDC
· Develops annual business plan for account assignment
· Provides weekly and monthly updates on progress to management
· Managing mailbox and incoming general requests & inquiries
· Participates in ongoing process training, vendor training and furniture business updates
· Sourcing, quoting, order management of standards programs
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Intermediate understanding of office furniture products
- Working knowledge of how to specify product and solutions for customers
- Strong networking skills and the ability to negotiate with customers
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, must be bilingual, advanced English and French spoken and written skills
- Detail oriented and able to work independently with little supervision, as well as working effectively in a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proven experience in developing and delivering professional sales quotations
- Technically proficient with Microsoft office and 20-20 worksheet
- A proven self-starter
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is performed typically in an office setting. Some travel maybe required (minimal)
- Requires significant use of computer/keyboard, telephone, fax, and photocopier
- physical demands of this position may be classified as primarily SEDENTARY
- Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Minimum of two (2) years’ customer service experience
- Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in selling furniture solutions over the phone
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, proactive and procedures in the furniture industry
Education: Post-secondary Education in Sales, Marketing or Business or equivalent level of experience.
Staples Business Advantage is the leading business supplier in Canada, providing customers with a complete assortment of products and services, including office supplies, technology products, facility solutions, furniture, and business services. As the business-to-business division of Staples, Staples Business Advantage works with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs and to provide dedicated account management to meet the needs of any business.
Staples Business Advantage Canada is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with eight distribution centres across Canada. The company employs over 1,500 associates and leverages over 170 delivery vehicles. Staples Business Advantage works in partnership with the Staples Business Advantage Contract division in the US and internationally to provide common programs for our international customer base.
Staples Business Advantage provides many advantages for all business sizes: a customizable online ordering system, excellent customer care, easy-to-browse catalogues, next day delivery capabilities and a dedicated sales organization to meet the needs of every type of business.