Controls Engineer, Monday - Friday
The candidate will support material handling systems design (for order fulfillment and retail distribution operation) with development of controls specifications, control schematics, PLC logic and implement solutions. This person will also develop strategic operating procedures that support network-wide business objectives in Order Fulfillment and Retail Distribution and evaluate new or improved operating methods, technology, equipment, facility design and layout.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Create a control sequence of operation and ensure that the design meets business requirements.
- Be part of regional leadership team providing leadership regarding fulfillment best practices and process improvement.
- Identify and evaluate key performance indicators to monitor and research the heath of the business. Use findings to initiate process improvement that support business goals and objectives.
- Prepare schematics and specifications for material handling systems control. Ability to develop electrical and controls diagram.
- Create (PLC) Programmable Logic Control program.
- Work closely with the Software Engineering team to integrate control solutions.
- Provide necessary documentation and drawings to support the field wiring team.
- Perform on-site commissioning support.
Essential Skills Required:
BS or MS in Electrical Engineering.
- Must enjoy and be willing to learn new technologies and responsibilities.
- 5-7 years of experience in related field.
- Have experience with Allen-Bradley controls/controllers and ladder logic programming.
- Have experience with various industrial HMI and SCADA systems.
- Need to be comfortable with using AutoCAD.
- Knowledge as it relates to motor driven roller (MDR), AC and DC motor control, servo and motion control is a plus.
- Knowledge on profibus and Ethernet network is a plus.
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux OS and any of the following programming languages C, C++, C#, Dot Net or Python is a plus.
- Familiar with economic evaluation and justification and turning these evaluations into effective executive level recommendations.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and the ability to conduct meetings and presentations with associates from all levels of management.
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.