This role is to support the Technology Merchandising organization by helping to manage Staples.com product lines. This involves SKU set-up/maintenance, competitive research, promo planning and execution. Includes daily communication with vendors for images, content and cost information plus communication with internal teams to achieve category specific goals.
To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate would possess a desire to learn new ideas/concepts daily, have an ability to work independently as well as cross functionally with many teams both internally and externally, and perform in a fast-paced environment with strict attention to detail.
- Proactively manage the SKU and Vendor set-up and maintenance process
- With direction from the Category Manager and DMM, conduct market research, gather industry data, track trends, themes, competitive shopping to assist with item selection
- Maintain all databases with all information/changes for pricing, markdowns, images, content, etc.
- Liaison with external suppliers and vendors when necessary to complete tasks and troubleshoot issues
- Ad hoc reports and analysis as needed
- Collect and organize product information from vendors
- Proof all online marketing vehicles including email, banners and landing pages
- Review competitor’s experiences for new product ideas, notable presentations and pricing discrepancies
- Plan promotions together with the Category Manager, enter them into the promotional database, and execute all promotions flawlessly
- Bachelor's degree (Required)
- A minimum 1-year prior work experience preferred in a retail environment – Product, Retail, Merchandising, Sales, Procurement or Inventory
- Organizational skills
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and high pressure environment
- Ability to work independently
- Able to multi-task priorities
- Analytical/Financial experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.