Furniture and Workspace Project Coordinator
Staples Business Advantage TM is the leading business supplier in Canada, providing customers with a complete assortment of products and services, including office supplies, technology products, facility solutions, furniture, and business services. As the business-to-business division of Staples, Staples Business Advantage works with companies of 20 or more employees to develop customized programs and to provide dedicated account management to meet the needs of any business.
Staples Business Advantage Canada is headquartered in Mississauga, Ontario with eight distribution centres across Canada. The company employs over 1,500 associates and leverages over 170 delivery vehicles. Staples Business Advantage works in partnership with the Staples Business Advantage Contract division in the US and internationally to provide common programs for our international customer base.
Staples Business Advantage provides many advantages for all business sizes: a customizable online ordering system, excellent customer care, easy-to-browse catalogues, next day delivery capabilities and a dedicated sales organization to meet the needs of every type of business.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Coordinate and manage all flow activities related to the delivery and installation of furniture projects, including deficiencies, service and repair once order from beginning to end ensuring customers’ requirements and expectations are met. Reports to Regional Sales Operations Supervisor.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate all tasks and manage flow activities related to quoting and booking delivery, installation, repair and adjustment of furniture system projects to ensure timely and smooth field execution.
- Negotiates with vendors, sales and others as needed to charge for services, ensure pricing accuracy and GP targets are in line.
- Coordinates installation and delivery by working closely with design team, sales and Warehouse/Delivery/Installation and attends client and site meetings as required.
- Develops a work plan, schedule and logistics required based on the overall project parameters and scope.
- Ensures receipt of final client acceptance and deficiency reporting following system installation projects with salesperson and/or installer.
- Accompanied by the Sales Rep, may be responsible for completing the final walk through and punch list at the customer site as required and executes follow up process.
- Conducts deficiency reviews and executes follow-up process.
- Quotes services for all furniture orders requiring installation and is liaison with operations for customer, sales and customer service.
- Provides input related to project costing of installation activities and final client pricing.
- Answers routine and specialized client questions related to project furniture product.
- Makes recommendations and provide solutions to resolve product, delivery and installation discrepancies and deficiencies and maintain appropriate order control files.
- Interfaces with the factory representatives regarding shipping schedules and any special instructions to ensure installation is timely and accurate.
- Maintains appropriate project files.
- Maintains project master log to assist with managing installs and sales forecasting.
- Assists Furniture Manager with Interplan activities.
- Run order management reports via CFS and/or other reporting as required to effectively track, manage and report on order status from forecast through invoicing for project business.
- Participates in work-in-process and open order backlog review meetings with management team to check progress and resolve any issues as required.
- Ensures timely receipt of vendor invoices, codes for approval and works with Customer Care team to ensure invoicing is timely and accurate, and items are costed properly to generate an accurate margin.
- Internal business interactions - Regular contact with suppliers, Sales Manager, Furniture Account Representatives, Customer Service, Strategic Accounts, Contracts and Bids associates.
- External business interactions – customers, clients
KNOWLEDGE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- French written and verbal communication skills, a strong asset
- Working knowledge of CFS application (or previous experience in order management systems)
- Experienced and proficient in MS Word, MS Excel, with working knowledge and skill in MS Powerpoint.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage to a work-plan
- Strong Computer skills in word processing, spreadsheets, database and network applications.
- Time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good knowledge of contract office furniture
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
PHYSICAL DEMANDS / WORKING CONDITIONS
- Work is generally sedentary, with no specific need for physical coordination or effort. May require physical effort associated with using a computer to access information, or occasional standing, walking, lifting needed to carry out everyday activities.
- Office setting, client site meetings and driving. Some travel may be required for specific customer projects. Hard hat and safety shoes may be required based on site conditions at time of visit.
- 4-6 years contract furniture industry knowledge and experience, preferably in project coordination or key account management
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures in contract furniture industry.
· • Minimum post-secondary diploma or certification, preferably in project management.
Staples is committed to providing accommodation to people with disabilities throughout the job application and interview process to the point of undue hardship. If you require an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact a Customer Care Representative at 1-866-782-7537.