This role is to support the Buying Merchandising organization in managing product line or group of product lines for sales, margin and supply chain. This involves research, ad hoc financial planning and analysis, promo planning, planogramming, SKU set-up/maintenance and communications.
- Proactively manage the SKU and Vendor set-up and maintenance process
- Communicate new information to Planners and Inventory Analysts
- With direction from the Director Buyer and/or VP DMM, conduct market research, gather industry data, track trends, themes, competitive shopping to assist with item selection
- Keep assortment planner template organized and updated; Ad hoc reports and analysis as needed
- Collect and organize product information from vendors
- Obtain vendor product samples for Buyers and Lab and assist with POG set-up
- Manage samples/displays through approval process
- Retrieve/source ad hoc financial data and reports, conduct weekly review of ad results and distribute to Buyers and Planners, assist Planners on post-season recaps,
- Process RTVs, price changes, price protection, coupons/rebates and markdowns resolve heat tickets/store calls
Execute and communicate product disposition process
- Maintain promo and ad databases with all information/changes for pricing, markdowns, etc.; images, circulars, ad copy, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 1 year prior work experience in retail / inventory analysis preferred
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Financial/Analytical experience required
- Ability to work independently
Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.